1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured EnGenius Now Shipping Its 4x4 Wi-Fi 6 AP for SMBs

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Julio Urquidi, Jun 6, 2019.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Thanks for sharing your results.

Are both APs Qualcomm-based? What link rate did the phone report in each case?

2. keenanj

keenanj Regular Contributor

Hey Tim, Not sure about the chipset of the Ruckus R720 it is not in the spec but the EnGenius EWS377AP is qualcomm based I had a 866Mbps link on both at short range.

I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S10E to do the same test with a Wi-Fi 6 client.

3. keenanj

4. thiggins

Thanks for sharing.
    Being 5 feet away from the AP, why didn't you get 1024 QAM?
    Did you test 2.4 GHz?

5. keenanj

Tim so this morning I am double checking my results and I was able to get 1024-QAM 1200Mbps but my throughput results are about the same ~800Mbps. I also put a laptop on the same switch port and was able to average over 900Mbps so we are not hitting up against GbE limits yet.

I am not testing throughput on 2.4Ghz my area is just to contested to get good results. I will test it for range later.

I also tried testing the S10 with the ruckus R730 (broadcom) and although I get the Wi-Fi 6 icon I can not connect faster than 866Mbps??

This might be due the the chipset differences so for SOHO the qualcomm EWS377AP might be the best way to go.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  6. thiggins

Thanks for the additional information.

Make sure HE is enabled in the Ruckus. They may be shipping with HE disabled.

7. keenanj

8. thiggins

9. ACwifiguy

ACwifiguy Occasional Visitor

keenanj likes this.
  10. keenanj