1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured Linksys Adds New Affordable Wi-Fi 6 Max-Stream Router To Its Mesh Portfolio

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Julio Urquidi, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Julio Urquidi

Julio Urquidi News Editor

linksys-mr7350-mesh.jpg
    The dual-band Linksys Max-Stream AX1800 (MR7350) is a Wi-Fi Certified 6 mesh router that can be used as a primary node or as an additional node in an already existing mesh network.

Powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, the 2x2 MR7350 has maximum wireless rates of 574 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 1201 Mbps at 5 GHz, while its touted mesh-enabled range is advertised at 1700 sq. ft. Note that its "Intelligent Mesh" technology is not compatible with other mesh-enabled routers and the product's Wi-Fi Certification does not include Wi-Fi EasyMesh certification.

Aside from the typical mesh-related features (self-healing, seamless roaming), the MR7350 also includes interference eliminating BSS (Basic Service Set), device prioritization, parental controls, guest access, the Linksys App for management and setup, and Alexa compatibility.

Physical interfaces on the MR7350 include five Gbps Ethernet ports (1 x WAN, 4 x LAN) and a single USB 3.0 port.

Available now for purchase, the Max-Stream AX1800 Mesh WiFi 6 Router (MR7350) can be currently found at Linksys.com and BestBuy.com with an MSRP of $149.99.

2. jsz

jsz Regular Contributor

The only value I see in current "entry" AX products is that the 2.4ghz band has a significant throughput/performance jump over wireless N for IoT devices and general SNR at range. May also offer significant benefit if MU-MIMO actually picks up for newer 2020+ based clients, granted this device is a a mere 2x2 and not a 3x3/4x4 design.

I think the price point should be lower (given my experiences with 2x2 AX) but I guess they have to cover ID, EE, and marketing cost somehow. There's a lot of outdated AC devices still doing well at ridiculous price points at stores like best buy.

Enthusiast likes this.