What's new

Entware unifi controller?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is that software open-source?

I don't think it is, but I think someone managed to run, closed source Plex on it, so I'm wondering if it is possible.

Unifi Controller software is only available on Windows, MacOS and Ubuntu/Debian Linux (I would guess x86 CPU, so no ARM version even possible to download).

I was running it on rpi.
Please don't post useless and untrue post into this thread.

Last edited:
Well, I am not sure I need to add anything more, however for the record: Yes on an RPi one can run the debian version of Unify Controller, if you are running Raspbian. And yes it is ARM and yes it is ARM in for example my AX88 router. However it is not a Debian OS on the AX88, and I for one do not consider Entware to be a "replacement" for Debian OS - however one might get it to work, so give it a shot. That said, there is still no download available for Asus. As I wrote, it is not available - that does not mean one might not get it running, but it is not supported.

BTW it was not meant as personal attack, generally I hate how much untrue is spread on internet ...
but ok, I get the point of it being marked as debian/ubuntu, that is why I'm asking.

Unfortunately I currently don't have spare entware enabled router to try it (again, that is why i'm asking)

It seems to me, that Entware can run "debian"

opkg update
opkg upgrade
opkg install debootstrap
install-debian

So maybe somebody already did try it as it seems like a thing that I would not be only person wanting to run on router.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!