What's new

Scribe error='libssl.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32'

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It looks like NUT is also affected. None of the solutions here has solved the issue for nut-upsmon.

Still get the following error: I have uninstalled, re-installed, forced, used hacks in this thread. Still down.

Code:
upsmon: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Entware sure did mess this up.
Have you tried @StarkWiz 's hack? I have and my Asterisk installation became again operational.
screenshot.png

Last edited:
I will add that after running the version @cmkelley scripted I had repeated dns failures; I had to re-run the unbound setup on both my 86U on 386.10 and my 88U on 388.2b1.

Also, after running the script and rebooting, both routers were largely unresponsive for a good five minutes or so. I could see the main web page. The 88U had all four cores pegged at 100%, and the 86U had both cores pegged at 100%. Something was working out something. I had slow ssh access and htop wasn't reflecting the usage, but when I could go to the Tools page the usage was close to 4 for the 86U for the 15 and 10 minute periods.

Thanks guys for the script. I just noticed snmpd on my AX88U wasn't running since I last updated entware.
Running the script against libopenssl did the trick. For some reason I still had to force reinstall snmpd, but maybe because I started messing with it before I discovered this thread.

For me, this is the solution for the scribe AX88u.

opkg --force-depends remove libcurl
opkg install libcurl

And reinstall scribe :)
Many thanks. This fixed scribe for me :)

This issue injured a lot of tooling - especially the J tooling. :( I just ran into it last night when I went to do my monthly update check on amtm and the other tooling. Ended up with a lot of:
curl: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
MD5 hash of scMerlin does not match - hotfix available - v2.4.0

Fortunately, this thread had the solution a few pages back with the basic commands to fix the openssl dependencies
opkg whatdepends libopenssl
followed by force updating those dependencies....
and then the super handy scripts on page 4.
I suspect we should hang onto these - tightly. Have a great day!

I can't get Scribe to update, it just freezes at the download section. I couldn't get AMTM to update at first either but I did the UU update and it forced updated. But still Scribe freezes at the download.

Also just noticed when I exit AMTM I get errors, I have plenty of space on my USB stick, its like a 16GB or 32GB stick.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Also just noticed when I exit AMTM I get errors, I have plenty of space on my USB stick, its like a 16GB or 32GB stick.
This could be a full /jffs/ storage. Check the Tools page in the routers WebGUI.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!