What's new

Error messages spamming in logfile.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Klikoo

New Around Here
I have a RT-AC68U. Yesterday i flashed with the last version Asus stock firmware .45708 version. I did this with the UI. After i while a message appears: server not available. The router hangs up, so i rebooted after a while. Router started up normally, and i tried again with the interface. The normal thing happend, he flashed to latest firmware and started normally up. But when i see the logfile, it shows continues error messages:

kernel: SQUASHFS error: xz_dec_run error, data probably corrupt
kernel: SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x187b0a6
kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [187b0a
kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 187b0a6, size 4f78
kernel: SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [187b0a6]

And this keeps going on. The router seems working normal, so far i can see everything is working. Internet and all lan and wifi connections are working. I tried also the Asus rescue way, but it still generating these errors in the logfile, while router seems working normally. Have i bricked my router when it hangs up or is this version Asus firmware little corrupted?

Please use the search function. Known issue.

If you disable AI protection, the error logging will also stop. Perhaps this has to do with forwarding data and network traffic from visited websites to Trend Micro?

Same problem here, have you solved ?
I search but I din't found anything on the forum, @L6LD could you point us to the solution ? would be nice for all those that will find this request.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!