What's new

ET8-No 6E with Gnuton's Merlin 388.2_2_0-gnuton1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KJ67

New Around Here
Have tried flashing Gnuton's Merlin 388.2_2_0 build to my ET8 pair (in AP Mode with wired backhaul) several times, including restoring factory default and re-configuring after flashing. No 6E clients can connect on the 6GHz frequency. It appears there is no 6G being broadcast for clients to connect to out of router or mesh node.

Given Wi-Fi drivers are closed source and supplied by ASUS, this could be because ASUS has (pathetically) not released an update for ET8 in a year (last ASUS ET8 firmware version released August 4, 2022).

Just making sure I am not missing something. The features page does not show 6GHz as a capability either, but curiously shows 5G-2, which the ET8 does not have.

Just to clarify this is about 6GHz signal (WiFi 6E), not WiFi6 (802.11ax). Wifi 6 works fine with Merlin on the ET8 - just not the 6GHz frequency.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 7.19.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 7.19.38 PM.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 43
Have tried flashing Gnuton's Merlin 388.2_2_0 build to my ET8 pair (in AP Mode with wired backhaul) several times, including restoring factory default and re-configuring after flashing. No 6E clients can connect on the 6GHz frequency. It appears there is no 6G being broadcast for clients to connect to out of router or mesh node.

Given Wi-Fi drivers are closed source and supplied by ASUS, this could be because ASUS has (pathetically) not released an update for ET8 in a year (last ASUS ET8 firmware version released August 4, 2022).

Just making sure I am not missing something. The features page does not show 6GHz as a capability either, but curiously shows 5G-2, which the ET8 does not have.

Just to clarify this is about 6GHz signal (WiFi 6E), not WiFi6 (802.11ax). Wifi 6 works fine with Merlin on the ET8 - just not the 6GHz frequency.

Have you tried if the issue is still present with the new official ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.388_23759 dated 2023/08/03 ?

Thanks