What's new

[EX 7300] missing 5 GHz DFS channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doc octopus

Nasty surprise during installation of the extender: DFS channels can not be selected for Europe, Russia and Japan (the other nations have not tried).
In this condition is unusable because I set my router on the 100 or 104 channels for transfer rates greater and better coverage for medium distances.
I ask you kindly to Netgear to activate, in a short time, the 5 GHz channels missing also for the regions listed above.

Nasty surprise during installation of the extender: DFS channels can not be selected for Europe, Russia and Japan (the other nations have not tried).

Can't select a DFS channel manually - DFS requires the AP to listen and scan first before transmitted - which negates manual selection of those channels from an AP perspective.

DFS channels can be selected manually, the router will automatically change if the selected channel is in conflict with others.
For example, of R7800, R7500 and D7800, when in AP mode, the DFS channels can be selected, from 52 to 128.

In AP mode, the DFS channels can not be selected. In extender mode instead it does not connect to the router if the set channels are those in the 52-128 range.

Last edited:
i have an R7800.

I post the picture to show that you can manually select the DFS channels

dfs_C.jpg

In this condition is unusable because I set my router on the 100 or 104 channels for transfer rates greater and better coverage for medium distances.
I ask you kindly to Netgear to activate, in a short time, the 5 GHz channels missing also for the regions listed above.

Wondering how the EX7300 is working for you in wireless repeater mode, aside from the DFS channels issue? Have you tried the "FastLane" thing where you use one band (say 2.4GHz.) for the backhaul, and the other band (say 5GHz.) for the wireless clients? Trying to find out how functional this thing is, since I've tried several of these "network extenders", and haven't had great results. Either the throughput is high but the extender is unstable, or the throughput is low and the extender is more stable.

My particular questions are:

- Stability in "FastLane" and regular repeater modes.

- About how much speed do the clients see in "FastLane" mode and in regular repeater mode.

Generally speaking, one expects about 50% of your wired download speed at the network extender client end when configured as a regular repeater. "FastLane" should do better than that, though.

So I'm wondering what real results are you seeing with the EX7300 in terms of stability and speed?

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
Update from engineering is support for DFS will be by end of Q4.

Will provide an update when I receive more information...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!