What's new

External access with mobile phone File Station through OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Emanuel Paul

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I had a working setup. My phone connected to my ASUS router with OpenVPN and I could access my Disk Station with the app File Station without any problem. I choose this to avoid any open ports in my router.

Now I had to reset my mobile phone and the access does not work anymore. I can external connect to my router with OpenVPN. I can see all connected devices in the ASUS router app but I can't connect with File Station to my NAS anymore.

If I try it in my home network I can connect with File Station app.

Perhaps I forgot something but I don't know what. Any idea?

Likely your OpenVPN app. Make sure you use the app by Arne Schwabe. Then use a browser to connect to DSM with IP address port 5000

Thank you. Tried it but it didn't help.

I found out that the problem is not related only to the connection to the Disk Station. I can't reach any device through OpenVPN. It's just possible to connect to the router.

I'm nearly sure that it must be something very simple I forgot but I don't know what it could be...

Thank you. Tried it but it didn't help.

I found out that the problem is not related only to the connection to the Disk Station. I can't reach any device through OpenVPN. It's just possible to connect to the router.

I'm nearly sure that it must be something very simple I forgot but I don't know what it could be...
I know this is going to sound obvious but did you save your phone settings before the reset or even if you had auto reset on you may be able to find your previous settings that way?

I know this is going to sound obvious but did you save your phone settings before the reset or even if you had auto reset on you may be able to find your previous settings that way?
Tested some things. It doesn't seem like the phone causes the issue. Tried it with my tablet....Same problem.

For me it looks like it's something in the router what blocks any connection from the router to my internal network. But I don't know what it is...