What's new

FaceTime not connecting on the iPhone while on Asus RT-aC68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chercm

Regular Contributor
what should about this ?

i read about the firewall rule and i tried to setup the rule but still not able to be connected

Last edited:
i read some where that the uPNP function on the Asus routers are broken

That'd be the first time I ever heard this one.

what should about this ?

i read about the firewall rule and i tried to setup the rule but still not able to be connected

Works just fine between multiple iPhones on Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38_2

Sounds like you might need to tell us a few more details about your setup (router and phone).

What I would do is upgrade to the latest firmware on the router and do a proper reset and enter any settings needed manually.

Also; 'forget' the network setting for the current ssid on your phone and re-associate it (this you can try before and after upgrading the firmware).

With the firmware version known along with the proper resetting to defaults - the phone should work for you.

Did you upgrade without resetting to defaults? Did you restore your settings from a backup after upgrading? What versions are the firmware on the router and phone?

Did you play with any settings in the router or phone? Is the phone jailbroken?

More information may allow someone to help you more.

Sounds like you might need to tell us a few more details about your setup (router and phone).

What I would do is upgrade to the latest firmware on the router and do a proper reset and enter any settings needed manually.

Also; 'forget' the network setting for the current ssid on your phone and re-associate it (this you can try before and after upgrading the firmware).

With the firmware version known along with the proper resetting to defaults - the phone should work for you.

Did you upgrade without resetting to defaults? Did you restore your settings from a backup after upgrading? What versions are the firmware on the router and phone?

Did you play with any settings in the router or phone? Is the phone jailbroken?

More information may allow someone to help you more.

stupid me . i did not manually enter the settings . i restored the default and every thing worked .

thanks

Glad to hear you got it fixed! Can't live without the facetime! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!