What's new

Feature Request: allow to see offline clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

Maybe it would be good move to equip this part of the UI with the checkbox "Show offline clients", or perhaps implement yet another tab - so it would be possible to configure the clients that are not online, by specifying their icon, internet access, and so on. Some dropdown lists in other places do have the option to show the list.
In fact, the presence of the tab "Online" probably means that there must be a possibility to see "Non-online" somehow as well.

1638118472784.png

A related feature might be to "forget" some of them. There have been quite a few posts asking how to delete old entries, and some people posted scripts doing that, so maybe Merlin could implement something like this:

1638119008457.png

READ ME sticky

Q: Will you add feature XYZ?

A: Chances are that no, since adding new features is a very low priority for this project. Just keeping code in sync with Asus has become nearly a full-time task for this project, and the increasing amount of closed source parts makes it increasingly harder to make significant changes to the firmware.

You could make the suggestion direct to ASUS via the GUI Feedback section.

Networkmap is closed source and outside of my control.

The Asus phone app shows offline clients and I swear previously the app would allow one to delete them, perhaps in bulk rather than individually.

But I just opened the app on my Android device and while offline clients are shown, there is no pruning feature available. So I'm not sure if I'm misremembering or it has been removed. But if you want to see them, there's the app as an option.

I sent feature request to Asus and received a reply; if anyone wants to support and increase the chances for this to be implemented, you can send email to servicecenter_am@asus.com and tell them that you want to join the request from the ticket N2111043469-0001 .

The Asus phone app shows offline clients and I swear previously the app would allow one to delete them, perhaps in bulk rather than individually.
The app is named "ASUS Router" (android) and is a nice gem to overlook your LAN and devices.

The app is named "ASUS Router" (android) and is a nice gem to overlook your LAN and devices.
And for iOS (tho I use the Android version meself).

Pro-tip: just be sure not to fall for the prompt to open the WAN side of things. I find that it prompts one to do so at install and then periodically thereafter. Without informing of the potential security risk associated with doing so.

But I just opened the app on my Android device and while offline clients are shown, there is no pruning feature available. So I'm not sure if I'm misremembering or it has been removed. But if you want to see them, there's the app as an option.
I'm not home so I can't check but I seem to recall being able to remove offline clients too, at least at some point in the past.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!