What's new

Feature Request - Display the LOGS and UPTIME of AiMesh nodes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HTBruceM

Regular Contributor
I'll admit that I'm not on Merlin FW yet, but will be eventually. I just bought my pair of AX86 and still on factory releases. I haven't seen or heard about this feature anywhere online, so I'm requesting that Merlin add this to a future update.

Feature request: Add the ability to display the UPTIME of each AiMesh node
Feature request: Add the ability to display the logs of each AiMesh node

Best I can tell, we only get to view the LOGS and UPTIME of the main router, but not of each AiMesh node. And we are not able to access the web GUI of any AiMesh nodes; instead you are always redirected to the main router's web GUI pages.

Everything related to AiMesh is closed source, and outside of my control. Ask Asus.

Oh crap, I knew that. Sorry.

I suppose there is no forum where Asus actually listens to feature requests...

Oh crap, I knew that. Sorry.

I suppose there is no forum where Asus actually listens to feature requests...
You can use the Feedback form on your router's webui.

You can use the Feedback form on your router's webui.
Awesome, thank you Eric! I just did that. I completely forgot about that FEEDBACK tab on the Administration Web UI page. Having the ability to not only send logs, settings, etc. along with your issue submission is an awesome product feature. And so is the feature request selection. With any luck, there is an actual working process within their sustaining group to prioritize user-submitted feature requests with marketing and/or engineering for actual consideration. I recently retired from a well known tech company and I know how this stuff works (usually doesn't work ;) ). But maybe my experience was tainted by the big company I worked for; perhaps a smaller company like Asus is more customer focused. We shall see.

If you want to integrate some logging from your nodes into the router logs, you can read this thread ...https://www.snbforums.com/threads/feature-to-support-aimesh-node-s-log.69868/

Awesome, thank you Eric! I just did that. I completely forgot about that FEEDBACK tab on the Administration Web UI page. Having the ability to not only send logs, settings, etc. along with your issue submission is an awesome product feature. And so is the feature request selection. With any luck, there is an actual working process within their sustaining group to prioritize user-submitted feature requests with marketing and/or engineering for actual consideration. I recently retired from a well known tech company and I know how this stuff works (usually doesn't work ;) ). But maybe my experience was tainted by the big company I worked for; perhaps a smaller company like Asus is more customer focused. We shall see.
All I know is there were times were Asus and I discussed things based on user requests they received, so I can say that they do pay attention to these. How they prioritize these however, I don't know. My gut feeling is that what you want is really niche, and unlikely to gather a lot of support to back it.

If you want to integrate some logging from your nodes into the router logs, you can read this thread ...https://www.snbforums.com/threads/feature-to-support-aimesh-node-s-log.69868/
At this point, setting up my own logging solution is more effort than I want to invest.
All I know is there were times were Asus and I discussed things based on user requests they received, so I can say that they do pay attention to these. How they prioritize these however, I don't know. My gut feeling is that what you want is really niche, and unlikely to gather a lot of support to back it.
Figures :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!