What's new

YazFi [Feature Request] Guest devices, view information + switch for deactivating internet connectivity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

csdio

New Around Here
Hi!
I use Yazfi and I see no information on the devices other than just mac/IP/wifi connectivity.

It would be awesome to get a more detailed view, like amount of Tx and Rx packets sent.

Also, in the general Client List view, the guest networks are empty and do not show the guest devices connected through yazfi.

Lastly, a great functionality would be to allow with a simple button to turn off Internet connectivity for specific devices (Internet, not LAN).

Thanks in advance,
will try to look how I can contribute but I'm a newbie of Merlin

I use Yazfi and I see no information on the devices other than just mac/IP/wifi connectivity.
<snip>
FYI the developer of YazFi (Jack Yaz) is apparently no longer actively developing the YazFi add-on script.
I pop up occasionally, but since I moved to pfSense and UniFi, and my Asus routers decided to give up the ghost, I'm not actively developing anymore. I chime in on support requests when I have time as well
It will likely take someone else to take up the reigns and code or program some or all of the features you seek.

Not seeing the YazFi Clients in the Network Map section is normal and expected behavior due to the nature of how that page information is generated. You will need to look at the YazFi Gui tab or look at the System Log > Wireless Log. Or use SSH and do a "cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases" from the router. Or look at the YazFi CLI, option #2. If you want to see the connected YazFi clients.

Last edited:
Hi!

It would be awesome to get a more detailed view, like amount of Tx and Rx packets sent.

Also, in the general Client List view, the guest networks are empty and do not show the guest devices connected through yazfi.

Lastly, a great functionality would be to allow with a simple button to turn off Internet connectivity for specific devices (Internet, not LAN).

Thanks in advance,
will try to look how I can contribute but I'm a newbie of Merlin
You may have interest in this... also a tool that hasn't been updated for quite some time, but may still be functional. It's a quota monitoring tool developed by @Martineau ... and should give you some idea on Tx/Rx, but then again, not sure if it's able to pick up clients within other Yazfi subnets:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!