What's new

Fiber download starts slow then slowly increase?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Patrick

Hey guys. So I just moved to another isp and something has been bugging the heck out of me. The download isnt like instant 50mbps. It starts slow. Like it's capped to 7-10mbps. Then after a few seconds it goes to 20mbps. Wait a few seconds. Then it goes to my 50mbps plan. It's very weird. The upload is fine tho. Instant 50mbps. Tried using vpn etc. And it's the same thing . So it seems like they're doing something... Here's my screen record

I can't upload videos here...

probably server side lag in the test. Or lag across the internet somewhere, including the ISP. Your upload is buffered locally.
what are the ping times ?

No no. The thing that's doing this seems to be the isp. I've tried using a vpn and it's the exact same. It is like this on all things. Even speedtest.net .. and yeah upload is buffered locally but I don't see any relations to the download slowness? Since downloading should work just fine in 50mbps from the first time since you don't need to cache it

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!