What's new

firewall setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gr11zzly

New Around Here
I would love some input on setting up a secure router.
My D-link 624 works well. I replaced it with a DIR-825 and can't understand how I might set that up to match the security level with the old router.

I base this on the fact that i understood the 624 interface and set that up such that my software firewall caught no pings from the WAN and caught no unsolicited UDP connection attempts. The DIR 825 is a completely different bag of worms in the terminology and the gui.

Anyone want to share a setup to handle P2P?
Thanks

Hi
Do you have a software firewall?
How big is your network? How many pcs do you have?

Spooony, take a look at the posting date: 11-21-2009, then check the last time the poster was here: 11-21-2009

Doing some simple math, it has been more than a year and a half ago that the Griz was here. The thread is dead.

Last edited:
Spooony, take a look at the posting date: 11-21-2009, then check the last time the poster was here: 11-21-2009

Doing some simple math, it has been more than a year and a half ago that the Griz was here. The thread is dead.

Sorry didn't see that. Thanks I will check the dates