What's new

Firmware Bug Between Access Points - Client List Categories?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ds5686920

Regular Contributor
I have a RT-ACRH13 AP in Loft (3rd floor connected to Firewalla Gold which is the DHCP server). To extend this AP I added a RT-AC1200 V2 AP via MoCA in Living Room on first floor. This network segment is for IoT like light bulbs. Both Access Points list 38 Clients which makes sense but 34 which are WiFi Bulbs appear as Wired on each Access Point. I consider this a bug. Concur?

I should add the MoCA connection is directly between the APs. I don't know why this would cause a problem though because a switch is a switch.

You're not using a switch on what you've described above.

Yes, not using a intermediary switch between the two APs. I have switch so will give it a go to see it makes a difference.

I installed a switch and plugged both APs into it then plugged switch uplink port to Firewalla. Everything works but problem remains.

Here is part of the client list category on the AP in question. The MACs that begin with '8C' are OHLUX Smart Bulbs which connect on 2.4 Ghz band.

1627311743513.png

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!