What's new

Firmware roll back ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

homer68

New Around Here
All

I'm rather new at this, so maybe dump question:
I installed about 2 days ago Firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22068 on my 4 XT8. Since then the nodes go blinking blue every 5-10 minutes and occasionally offline
I didn't had this with previous firmware
Now I read a lot about rolling back to previous firmware, but what steps do I actually need to take (using GUI on PC)

Thanks for any assistance

All

I installed about 2 days ago Firmware 3.0.0.4.388.22068 on my 4 XT8. Since then the nodes go blinking blue every 5-10 minutes and occasionally offline
Now I read a lot about rolling back to previous firmware, but what steps do I actually need to take (using GUI on PC)

Check the sticker under the router to see what hardware version you have. there is V1 and V2. I'm running V1 and downgraded to this version 3.0.0.4.388.21617. and everything is working perfect. If your running version V2. then the previous firmware would be 3.0.0.4.388.21099 . Just download from here https://www.asus.com/supportonly/asus zenwifi ax (xt8)/helpdesk_bios/ . and from the router webpage, upload it to the node first. let it finish, until it has the white light and than do the main router. when done. reboot the whole thing. and done.
You'll need to unzip the files when you download them.

I'm having the same issues and I'm literally rolling back my firmware for the first time right now. You need to download the firmware you want to revert to from the Asus website and unzip the file. Then on the Asus router web interface it's within Adminstration > Firmware Upgrade > Manual firmware update: Upload. You need to do this for each individual node.

Good luck!

All

me too! !
I tried many 3.0.0.4.###.
Firmware 3.0.0.4.##### is bad..
Firmware 9.0.0.4.386_48966-g8e74b09 is good for me.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!