What's new

Flexget on Asus router(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikkelnl

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

The last few days, I've been trying Flexget on my Asus RT-AC68U (running the latest Merling firmware).

It's working fine for a few hours...

I set it up, running via cron every hour. But after a few hours, Flexget will stop working. When I run Flexget it will give this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/bin/flexget", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 698, in <module>
    class Environment(object):
  File "/opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 701, in Environment
    def __init__(self, search_path=None, platform=get_supported_platform(), python=PY_MAJOR):
  File "/opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 96, in get_supported_platform
    plat = get_build_platform(); m = macosVersionString.match(plat)
  File "/opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 221, in get_build_platform
    from distutils.util import get_platform
ImportError: No module named util

No idea why, is it because the asus router has too low specs for this?

Any ideas are welcome, because when it works, it works fine ;)

Thanks.

Python problem

Try debugging flexget using this command: "/path/to/flexget --debug"

Replace /path/to/ with the actual path to the flexget executable (most likely /opt/local/bin/).

Please post the debug log here :)

I'm assuming that you're running pyload simultaneously, so there could be a problem with the version(s) of python that you have installed.

Check the default python version of your system with these commands:

"python --version" or "python -V"

BTW when I start flexget on my AC68U it always gives me a "Segmentation Fault", how did you get it running in the first place? :D

I believe we both followed the same instructions: http://flexget.com/wiki/InstallWizard/SynologyNAS

Any tips for me as well? :)

Hi :)

It seemed no python commands would work anymore, as is python itself was broken or something.

I now removed, and reinstalled python etc.

These commands were posted elsewheren, and there might be a few errors but it does the trick for me:

ipkg install python26 python-sqlite3 pyyaml
ipkg install py26-setuptools
ipkg install sqlite
easy_install flexget

I now have flexget running via cron every hour, and no errors so far. It's running fine every hour. Before, I had it set to every 30 minutes, maybe that was too much?

I have NO idea what pyload is (complete noob here), so no idea if that was running simultaniously ;)

If there's anything you'd like to know; reply of pm me :)

pyload is a download manager for OneClickHosters (such as uploaded.to, share-online.biz etc.) that can also run on your router: http://pyload.org/

Damn, I executed those commands and I still get the Segmentation Fault error..

What format is your HDD or USB Drive formatted in?

The only thing I did before running the cmds you posted was installing asus download manager on my ext4 HDD and then disabling it again..

Did you do something else beforehand?

Greetings :)

pyload is a download manager for OneClickHosters (such as uploaded.to, share-online.biz etc.) that can also run on your router: http://pyload.org/

Damn, I executed those commands and I still get the Segmentation Fault error..

What format is your HDD or USB Drive formatted in?

The only thing I did before running the cmds you posted was installing asus download manager on my ext4 HDD and then disabling it again..

Did you do something else beforehand?

Greetings :)
I use a 1 TB HFS+ disk... and also first installed Download Manager (for optware), and then UNINSTALLED it.

I think I had the segmentation fault sometime, and if I remember correctly, I simply removed all packages etc etc and started from scratch...

Gotta admit, since I'm a linux noob, there was a lot of trial and error, sor not sure what the exact steps were ;)