What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.2.4 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also upgraded to the new 386.1 and got the following entry after upgrade and again after a reboot:
Code:
Jan 31 15:42:29 FlexQoS: TC Modification Delay reached maximum 300 seconds. Aborting startup!
FlexQoS isn't running afterwards, a flexqos restart command works.
Tried to fix with a reinstall now, will keep an eye on it.
While it does abort the startup, it also schedules a cronjob 5 minutes later to try again. It just doesn‘t tell you in the log. I did fix a bug where it would still proceed with the startup after the timeout, which it should not have been doing. Let me know if any clues arise.

Hey @dave14305 - just upgraded to the hotfix version of the dev branch,

What is this new setting all about: Router Outbound Traffic Class?
It removes one of the last hardcoded iptables rules for traffic originating from the router itself, heading toward the internet. It’s been hardcoded as File Downloads forever. Now it will be user-selectable. It only affects uploads from the router (like the upload of the new router speedtest). And it excludes DNS and NTP traffic.

Someone noticed earlier today that the iptables UI changed with 386.1 (the silver heading is missing). This is due to a change in ASUS’ table.js where they now skip drawing the header if the table has the “Add row” capability. I can live with that for now, but the ability to reset the rules is also missing as a consequence. I’ll have to revisit that.

It removes one of the last hardcoded iptables rules for traffic originating from the router itself, heading toward the internet. It’s been hardcoded as File Downloads forever. Now it will be user-selectable. It only affects uploads from the router (like the upload of the new router speedtest). And it excludes DNS and NTP traffic.
Will this clash with spdMerlin's QoS exclusion/fudging?

They are unmarked and bypass QoS.
Thank you! So just for my personal understanding they will always be prioritized over the traffic coming from the clients even if they saturate the uplink? If not, would adding another set of iptables rules (to output chain, direct it to Net Control) be a valid solution?

Last edited:
heyy

After update to the latest Asus WRT Merlin Firmware, on adaptive qos, when setting for example on Max upload 18 and download 97 i only get about 6 Upload and 94 download.
So the upload is normaly with settings like 18 around 17 or close 18. I only have the problem when enabled qos and also when i run a speedtest in the browser and not in the Router itself.

Thank you! So just for my personal understanding they will always be prioritized over the traffic coming from the clients even if they saturate the uplink? If not, would adding another set of iptables rules (to output chain, direct it to Net Control) be a valid solution?
They aren't really prioritized over other traffic. They just aren't subjected to the same shaping that client traffic is. I don't anticipate adding additional rules for outbound DNS queries because the return DNS responses from the internet to the router aren't subject to any QoS limitations either.

i also dont have the option in the new Asus Firmware 386.1 so set the correct wan paket overhead setting.

i also dont have the option in the new Asus Firmware 386.1 so set the correct wan paket overhead setting.
Change temporarily to Traditional QoS and set the overhead. Then change back to Adaptive QoS. FlexQoS will use the overhead setting if it is defined.

Would be nice if you could implement it as it was before also with fq_codel

Also i have no option to switch between codel and sfq codel?

Last edited:
Dave ,please, can you give change log of last hot fix for dev version?
My gaming have some trouble.
Thanks
I’ve noticed this also since upgrading to hot fix version and to 386.1 - gaming significantly more jittery when other devices utilising Netflix but before had no issues

I have also really unstable upload and download when enableing flexqos and adaptive qos.

Flexqos is not really working good with the new firmware, you need to update it to work as it was before, right now gaming ist not noce because really jittery connection and all the values paket wan overhead, select the correct codel is in a strange way there, or not really working.

installed flex_qos today, i've got no queue discipline option. Is that normal?
Thank you!

Hi all, may I ask for instruction

trialing my rt-ac68u on merlin 386.1, overclocked to 1200,800, and installed flexqos (in jffs)

upon bootup, qos doesnt work properly unless i restart flexqos via ssh, or reapply settings on asus merlin webui

I would like a script to restart flexqos everytime the system finishes booting up to see if it solves the issue

may I know what is the command for this, and which user script should i put it in ?

services-start, wan-start, init-start ?​

Thanks.

Hi @dave14305 - has anything changed with the dev version with the hot fix that would make gaming more jittery?

or could 386.1 be causing issues?

flexqos was working super smooth on dev version and with 384.18, but since 386.1 it’s way more jittery on games under the same load of having one other device streaming at the same time.

Those with issues on dev, are you using the fq_codel switch ? If so try turning it off and see if things stabilise.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!