What's new

FlexQoS FlexQOS Packet classification

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Orbxtal

New Around Here
Hi,
I received my new ASUS router yesterday and I've been trying to setup FlexQOS properly for gaming and i'm a bit confused.. I applied the Gaming rule to my PC and made a specific Valorant Rule with the 8180:8181 ports, at the bottom, it seems like the packets are tagged as Gaming but then when I look at the graph above, everything seems to be going into "others", any idea why it's doing this?
packets.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 101306.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 101306.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 8
I received my new ASUS router yesterday
Which router? The iptables rules no longer work properly on the newest models due to flowcache changes from Asus/Trend/Broadcom.

AX86U Pro
Nice choice, but yes, it’s affected by the newest changes on those platforms.

Depending on your ISP speeds, you can choose to manually disable flowcache or avoid using iptables rules.

Nice choice, but yes, it’s affected by the newest changes on those platforms.

Depending on your ISP speeds, you can choose to manually disable flowcache or avoid using iptables rules.

Disabling Flow cache seems to do the trick! I will have to test further but I opened Valorant and it was appearing as gaming traffic, thank you. Also, what does Flow Cache do exactly? Tried looking it up and the answers are kind of vague..

Disabling Flow cache seems to do the trick! I will have to test further but I opened Valorant and it was appearing as gaming traffic, thank you. Also, what does Flow Cache do exactly? Tried looking it up and the answers are kind of vague..
Flow cache is part of the NAT acceleration necessary to achieve higher speeds. If your ISP DL speed is above 300 Mbit, you might have some trouble with flowcache disabled.

Flow cache is part of the NAT acceleration necessary to achieve higher speeds. If your ISP DL speed is above 300 Mbit, you might have some trouble with flowcache disabled.
I see. Well, I have 450/50 and I can still reach the same speeds with it disabled so, that's great. Thanks for the help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!