What's new

For Sale: Asus RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pod3545

Occasional Visitor
I've used this router successfully since I bought it new. I then bought an GT-AC5300 and hooked it up using mesh. Asus mesh sucks imho (read my other posts on the forum to see me whine about it). This AC68U by itself is great but I have no luck getting it to mesh without dropping about once a week. Only for a second and then it reconnects but still... Hey if you can get it to work, you're awesome. :)

This router is HW Version A2

Anyways.
For Sale - $60 + $15 shipping from Houston.

Shipping note: I have a USPS Medium Flat Rate box that I thought I'd use. I can do actual shipping if someone preferred me to send it as cheap as possible via USPS. I just can't quote a price until we determine where it's going.

20190320_133545.jpg 20190320_133608.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good price for a 68U, sort the shipping, not everyone needs overnight...

Yeah I hate shipping. I have a Medium Flat Rate box that I thought I'd use. I can do actual shipping if someone preferred me to send it as cheap as possible. I just can't quote a price until we determine where it's going. I'll add this to the posting.

Might want to mention which HW revision - there's been quite a few...

Older ones were clocked at 800MHz, newer ones much faster.

Anyways - might consider keeping it - AIMesh is a bit of a mess, but Asus is working to sort that one, and even without AIMesh, it's a good AC1900 class Access Point.

Might want to mention which HW revision - there's been quite a few...

Older ones were clocked at 800MHz, newer ones much faster.

Anyways - might consider keeping it - AIMesh is a bit of a mess, but Asus is working to sort that one, and even without AIMesh, it's a good AC1900 class Access Point.

Thanks. I didn't think of that. I've updated the original post w/ the A2 HW version note. (I had smudged out the sticker on the back as some people are really anxious about MACs, PINs, etc being shown.

I've used this router successfully since I bought it new. I then bought an GT-AC5300 and hooked it up using mesh. Asus mesh sucks imho (read my other posts on the forum to see me whine about it). This AC68U by itself is great but I have no luck getting it to mesh without dropping about once a week. Only for a second and then it reconnects but still... Hey if you can get it to work, you're awesome. :)

This router is HW Version A2

Anyways.
For Sale - $60 + $15 shipping from Houston.

Shipping note: I have a USPS Medium Flat Rate box that I thought I'd use. I can do actual shipping if someone preferred me to send it as cheap as possible via USPS. I just can't quote a price until we determine where it's going.

View attachment 16773 View attachment 16774

Price reduced to $60

Price reduced to $60

Hehe - shouldn't have blinked - as at $70 this is a steal of a deal for an RT-AC68U ;)

Seriously folks - jump on this one, it's a good deal, AIMesh support with Factory Firmware, and one has the luxury of running RMerlin's builds if factory firmware isn't meeting one's needs.

The third-party support with Entware and the various script developers are on SNBForums, makes this pretty interesting.