What's new

For Sale: ASUS RT-AC86U (AC2900) Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrbuck

Selling a NETGEAR R7800 and ASUS RT-AC86U in perfect working condition. Will reset to factory settings with the latest stock firmware (or Merlin if desired).

NETGEAR R7800 (Nighthawk X4S AC2600)
https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/R7800.aspx
$115 shipped to CONUS
(SOLD)

ASUS RT-AC86U (AC2900)
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC86U/
$115 shipped to CONUS

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=starrbuck68

Payment by PayPal

Last edited:
decisions/decisions...

Both are a fair price - each has it's own strengths, so choose accordingly...

Hello Starrbuck,

Been lurking here for a while now, but your sale convinced me to make an account. I sent you a PM, am interested in buying one of your routers. Thank you!

R7800 is sold. Thread title and contents edited accordingly.

What's the manufacture date or the router and are both the 2.4/5 ghz bands working flawlessly with the router? I know those manufactured in 2018 was hit or miss.

Just wanted to pop over and share the great experience I've had.

I've been using the Netgear R7800 continuously since I purchased it from @Starrbuck and it's in flawless condition. He shipped the router very quickly and it was packed well. I've thoroughly tested both wireless bands, the LAN ports, and other features... everything is working flawlessly thus far.

As an aside, I bought this unit to install OpenWrt and use Cake to deal with my terrible Bufferbloat issues over the DSL connection I have at home, but apparently the ZyXel bonded DSL modem/gateway my ISP provided to me was a lot more of the problem than I realized. Since putting the ZyXel into bridge mode and using the Netgear as my router, my bufferbloat score on DSLReports' Speed Test utility have consistently been A to B range, whereas before I was scoring an F. Always.

I just put together a MoCA 2.5 network and have been testing various connections at max capacity using iperf3, sometimes running dual gigabit transfers at once... the Netgear isn't even breaking a sweat. Fantastic speed scores across the board.

Thanks @Starrbuck !

Wow, you are very kind, @Coalescent! I was sorry to see this router go as it has been one of the best I've ever had, but I am very happy it went to you!

Just to let everyone here to know, @Starrbuck was extremely professional and the item was shipped immediately. I've been a long time lurker of this forum, I'm super impressed by @Starrbuck, definitely a trusted member here!

You are so very kind and I am happy both routers went to appreciative owners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.