What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thanks.

works to indeed(but a button would be nicer)

@john, maybee reposition the refresh button next to the title and add the rset button next to that one

eg

QoS - Traffic Classification Statistics REFRESH RESET

Why,

2 reasons:

1:
I(and possibly other people) use a zoomed in view(120%)
the refresh button is then at the bottom or just outside the screen

2:
when you refresh the screen always scrolls to the top so the screen moves when hitting refresh

if you move the buttons to the top the screen stays the same(you can only hit refresh when already scrolled to the top

not a big deal.

@Gravityz Or you can go to Traffic Manager > QoS and just hit Save without making any changes. ;)

An update to the V22 stable release is now available to address reported issues/requests (and a couple of enhancements).
Thanks again to those who took the time to report and provide feedback.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-22E4
13-January-2017
Merlin fork 374.43_2-22E4j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

The first post contains additional details and some usage notes.

Following are the major changes (full changelog is in the zip files)

Update-22E4 Highlights
  • Fix for WAN access not being able to be set for ssh (this was a regression in V22E2) - @slobodan
  • Fix for MIPS curl not supporting https (this was a regression in V22E2) - @Mr_Andy
  • Fix for QoS upload charts/data not being shown if using PPPoE connections - @ocram59
  • Fix for some syslog records being lost when Applying changes on the Administration>System page (ASUS bug) - @ColinTaylor
  • Added hints and popup help for DNSSEC and DNSCRYPT options - @punchsuckr
    One thing to note....I have seen some intermittent DNS failures if DNSSEC is enabled and you are not using a DNS server that supports DNSSEC. Please make sure your DNS server supports DNSSEC before enabling this option.
  • Support for Google DDNS (ASUS backport) - @Livin
  • Misc code optimizations in DNSCrypt and SSH support
  • Merlin Backports
    • Update NANO to 2.7.4
    • Improve gui performance by caching some javascript files in the browser
    • Improve generation of ovpn files when using DDNS

As always, a reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs in case the jffs space needs to be reformatted due to increases in firmware size.

SHA256
Code:
1490b9fd8928ec62958e138902550ee73201473823fc661b4327af67547db702  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-22E4j9527.trx
19015369749718b7a217f3b08b4940de1fda3ffa1b812edcf37d7edf3985cb7c  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-22E4j9527.trx
35b4a69278548b19621e877fc3faa402bd8e95b49693b86f06bf9eecb5a15246  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-22E4j9527.trx
a26ffa72229f4aa03cd9d13c6007e4bb62326fff16784ee4730482b4b28cdc9e  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-22E4j9527.trx
f2eb1ed2885db42b3b5d155c287a6f3293dc247f32d83a7dd225b38d32361134  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-22E4j9527.trx

Don't have any personal experience, but here's a post from someone who had good luck with a pwr+
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-increased-stability-after-replacing-power-supply.26326/

Seems like it may be this one on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EMO9R5E/?tag=snbforums-20
Yep! I would recommend Pwr+ as well. I have used one for laptop (not router yet) and they seem to be pretty solid and have a good warranty (not that I have used it) but exchange for 24 months.

I'll add a 'Reset' button to my todo list....in the meantime, log into the router and enter
/tmp/qos stop
/tmp/qos start
Is there any deference between that and "service restart_qos"? That's what I've been doing, so just curious if I'm missing something (again).

Is there any deference between that and "service restart_qos"? That's what I've been doing, so just curious if I'm missing something (again).
Just a little more efficient.
service restart_qos removes and re-adds all the iptables rules, as well as removing and re-adding the tc classes/queues. It's the equivalent of clicking the Save button on the main QoS page as @ColinTaylor mentioned.

Using the /tmp/qos stop, /tmp/qos start just does the tc classes/queues without touching iptables.

Either way is fine.

Just a little more efficient.
service restart_qos removes and re-adds all the iptables rules, as well as removing and re-adding the tc classes/queues. It's the equivalent of clicking the Save button on the main QoS page as @ColinTaylor mentioned.

Using the /tmp/qos stop, /tmp/qos start just does the tc classes/queues without touching iptables.

Either way is fine.
link not working?

upgraded to 22E4

everything seems fine.
i however noticed one thing

when i first used ssh to login the router(firefox and firessh) i got the message that the public key was not right and got the login screen.
Since i did not change anything i closed the session and opened a second one.
now it did work.
Has this something to do with browser caching which changed in the last update?

so i did not change a thing and the pub key is provided by a link to a file which obviously did not change either

Jan 15 11:52:15 dropbear[732]: Child connection from 192.168.1.5:52751
Jan 15 11:52:17 dropbear[732]: Pubkey auth bad signature for 'admin' with key sha1!! XXXXX from 192.168.1.5:52751
Jan 15 11:52:18 dropbear[732]: Exit before auth (user 'admin', 1 fails): Exited normally
Jan 15 11:52:39 dropbear[734]: Child connection from 192.168.1.5:52769
Jan 15 11:52:41 dropbear[734]: Pubkey auth succeeded for 'admin' with key sha1!! XXXXX from 192.168.1.5:52769

Last edited:
Hi, long time member/viewer, never really commented.. everything always worked, so no complaints.. but since going from merlin to john (20E9 and 22E2, and maybe even more versions?) my girlfriend is complaining she can't access a site from a online warehouse.. (www.wehkamp.nl) I don't know if merlin's version also is causing the problem, but since my girlfriend never complained.. i don't think it is.. maybe someone running merlin could check? the site works when i acces it via my phone logging of from the network and use the 4G connection to access the site..

Can someone verify this problem, do you need to know more?
B.t.w. i'm running 22E2 on 2 asus rt-ac68U one set as router one as AP..

Is the problem related to john or is it within my network??

Thanks in advance

Just checked. I can get to that site OK. Do you have any customisations like ad blocking or DNSSEC or DNSCRYPT?

Nope, no ad blocking, dnssec or dnscrypt turned on.. no filtering ... i believe everything is standard.. only changes made are turning off wps and changing settings for wifi acces

The error message i get is that "the connection has timed out" it is taking too long to respond..

Perhaps your WAN IP has changed and the site is blacklisting you. Check the WAN > Internet Connection page and make sure you don't have a cloned MAC address.

Conversely, perhaps clone the MAC address of one of your PC's, power every thing off for 30 minutes and then turn it back on (to pick up a new IP).

@john9527 Se if you or someone else have some suggestions to my problem. :)

I'm using your "openvpn-event" script and " vpnclient1-route-up"
I use "vpn_client1_state=2" (vpn is connected) to point to canufrank script
to get my vpnprovider endpoint ip-number.
Sending with my mailprogram. But when vpn connection changing or I hit apply on OpenVPN Client Settings, to get new ip-number all hangs.
Need some advice suggestion get get it working.

Hope I manage to explain correct.

Octopus.

Perhaps your WAN IP has changed and the site is blacklisting you. Check the WAN > Internet Connection page and make sure you don't have a cloned MAC address.

Conversely, perhaps clone the MAC address of one of your PC's, power every thing off for 30 minutes and then turn it back on (to pick up a new IP).
@René Buijs
+1 on Colin's advice. When you have trouble with a single/few web sites, it's normally due to your WAN ip being blacklisted by the site or an adblocker (which you aren't using). It's becoming more and more common these days.

Last edited:
@john9527 Se if you or someone else have some suggestions to my problem. :)

I'm using your "openvpn-event" script and " vpnclient1-route-up"
I use "vpn_client1_state=2" (vpn is connected) to point to canufrank script
to get my vpnprovider endpoint ip-number.
Sending with my mailprogram. But when vpn connection changing or I hit apply on OpenVPN Client Settings, to get new ip-number all hangs.
Need some advice suggestion get get it working.

Hope I manage to explain correct.

Octopus.

Remember that any changes you make via 'vpnclient-route-up' when the VPN is coming up, it's also your responsibility to clean up with a 'vpnclient1-down' script as the VPN comes down. (hitting apply does a restart, stops then starts the VPN).

Remember that any changes you make via 'vpnclient-route-up' when the VPN is coming up, it's also your responsibility to clean up with a 'vpnclient1-down' script as the VPN comes down. (hitting apply does a restart, stops then starts the VPN).
@john9527 Thank you for your answere.
This is what I use, (short version) When vpn going up it's hang with 1 "1 = Connecting......." and doesn't move on and start "ip_vpn.sh"
Hanging with code 1 is the problem.

Code:
vpn_client1_state=`nvram get vpn_client1_state`
if [ "$vpn_client1_state" == "2" ]; then
if [ -s /jffs/configs/ip_vpn.sh ]; then
sh /jffs/configs/ip_vpn.sh
  fi
fi

Code:
vpn_client1_state
0 = Not started
1 = Connecting.......
2 = Connected

@john9527 Thank you for your answere.
This is what I use, (short version) When vpn going up it's hang with 1 "1 = Connecting......." and doesn't move on and start "ip_vpn.sh"
Hanging with code 1 is the problem.
The state isn't updated until all the scripts are finished. So you can't check for state=2 from vpnclient1-route-up. Just run your script from route-up.

Here's a merge of a short bash script I wrote that polls the state along with a couple of lines from my syslog taken during a restart.
Code:
admin@AC68P-XXXXX:/tmp/home/root# /jffs/scripts/vpnstate.sh
vpn_client1_state=2 Mon Jan 16 03:57:52 GMT 2017
vpn_client1_state=0 Mon Jan 16 03:58:22 GMT 2017
vpn_client1_state=1 Mon Jan 16 03:58:22 GMT 2017
Jan 16 03:58:29 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/openvpn-event (args: tun11 1500 1558 10.1.xxx.xxx 10.1.xxx.xxx)
Jan 16 03:58:29 vpnclient1-route-up: start
Jan 16 03:58:33 vpnclient1-route-up: end
vpn_client1_state=2 Mon Jan 16 03:58:33 GMT 2017

And back to my original comment.....make sure you undo anything you do in ip_vpn.sh that may affect the restart (added routes, iptables adds, etc) in a down script.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!