What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

agreed. You cannot rush a masterpiece :)

Never thought it would be called a 'masterpiece' or people would have 'router withdrawal' :)

V12 is now available! There are quite a few updates in this release, so please take the time to read the highlights in the first post.

Key among the updates is the change from OpenSSL 1.0.0 release stream to OpenSSL 1.0.2. This adds new ciphers and added a new restriction on key lengths to deal with a new documented vulnerability.

There were also quite a few components updated to keep in sync with the latest Merlin releases, from miniupnpd to ppptd/pppoe as well as Merlin's latest updates for OpenVPN policy based routing.

Some more cleanup of the log views and reporting....and much more.

Enjoy!

When I go to the OneDrive I can't see any firmware. It just shows Update 7, 8, 11, 12 Beta Closed and when you click on them there is nothing in them.

http://1drv.ms/1sDtB1V

Couple questions/clarifications. First off this fork does seem to perform better on AC66 than the newer 376 and 378 builds so thanks for the continuous updates! So for the questions, on the tools>other settings it shows TCP Connections Limit default is 300,000 (as per ASUS marketing info touting 300,000) but it is set for 16384 by default. Was that by design and is that the recommended value? Also on the TX power adjustment info, the help on the left menu shows 100mW is max but the yellow text below the setting states 200mW max. What it the correct max for this setting? (Just curious)

very happy update12 is out now, was excited for this release which john as always has put much good work into this. :)

Couple questions/clarifications. First off this fork does seem to perform better on AC66 than the newer 376 and 378 builds so thanks for the continuous updates! So for the questions, on the tools>other settings it shows TCP Connections Limit default is 300,000 (as per ASUS marketing info touting 300,000) but it is set for 16384 by default. Was that by design and is that the recommended value? Also on the TX power adjustment info, the help on the left menu shows 100mW is max but the yellow text below the setting states 200mW max. What it the correct max for this setting? (Just curious)

I don't understand where the 16384 value came from....there was a bug in the ASUS code that didn't allow that value to be changed, but that was fixed back in V7 (and also added the display of the default value). The correct value should be 300,000 for the AC66.

As far as the power indication goes, for EU routers the gui limits the input to 100mW instead of 200mW. It's possible they didn't update both of the text displays. I'll see if there's and easy way to make them consistent.

Anybody got a checksum for v12 for the RT-AC68U image?

Mine is:

44725cff8d69ba434687f4fcfba7e5f03e911f9d1eacdf9373fac89bb8718db8 SHA256
3c75d2151feff7d04d5d8046d35dec9a MD5

Thanks.

I confirm, normally TCP Connections limit is set to 300000( Tested with ,378.53 and .54_2 from merlin)
Now with V12 = 15947 by default for me :rolleyes:

thanx again for your great job john

RC-AC68(v12)
Now I'm baffled....off to take a look....

Flashed over V10, N66U. On boot, /sbin/init noinitrd is hogging all the CPU time, been like that for over an hour and a half.

Is that the process that's rebuilding the OpenSSL keys? I was expecting an openssl process to be doing all the hogging.

*Disabling OpenVPN server and rebooting makes it go away. Comes back as soon at I turn the server back on.

I get
44725CFF8D69BA434687F4FCFBA7E5F03E911F9D1EACDF9373FAC89BB8718DB8
3C75D2151FEFF7D04D5D8046D35DEC9A

Looks familiar *smile*.

Thanks!

Flashed over V10, N66U. On boot, /sbin/init noinitrd is hogging all the CPU time, been like that for over an hour and a half.

Is that the process that's rebuilding the OpenSSL keys? I was expecting an openssl process to be doing all the hogging.

*Disabling OpenVPN server and rebooting makes it go away. Comes back as soon at I turn the server back on.

Something with server config 1 is not making it happy. Server2 defaults fire right up.

This was an existing config for server1 as OpenVPN? We deliberately didn't rebuild keys since of the time involved....it just copies in a new pre-gen'd one. Can you append the end of the system log?

This was an existing config for server1 as OpenVPN? We deliberately didn't rebuild keys since of the time involved....it just copies in a new pre-gen'd one. Can you append the end of the system log?

Yes, existing config, but still pretty close to default.

I don't have a problem waiting for the keys to regen. If I clear the keys out of the configs in the web-interface, will it regenerate automatically?

Log clip from fresh boot with server1 enabled attached, beginning just before OpenVPN starts.

Attachments

• syslog_cap.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 342
OK. I deleted the existing DH.pem and restarted the server. The DH repopulated from somewhere (pre-gen'd?). It's working normally now.

*Well it was. It seems like the second a make any change to the config, it goes right back to doing it again. Hanging at "Initializing the settings of the OpenVPN server, this may take a few minutes... "

Last edited:
OK. I deleted the existing DH.pem and restarted the server. The DH repopulated from somewhere (pre-gen'd?). It's working normally now.
I've been looking at your syslog.....server2 (tun22) started successfully with the updated DH of 2048bits. Then it looks like it was shut down. Then server1 started and immediately shut down.

You didn't happen to keep a copy of the DH that was there before you deleted it?

I've been looking at your syslog.....server2 (tun22) started successfully with the updated DH of 2048bits. Then it looks like it was shut down. Then server1 started and immediately shut down.

You didn't happen to keep a copy of the DH that was there before you deleted it?

-----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS-----
MEYCQQCN31pCZpBnaiBP7twXsOrIVT4IlnNt8qNigQsyvtnHD0saCv9rON/F1Oyt
13fgzBoY6ODdFqIeOayn54NUuGdDAgEC
-----END DH PARAMETERS-----

Server2 was off, not sure why it even bothered starting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!