What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Andi P
1) Yes
2) No, "fixpack" is part of the firmware
3) Yes you can go back. No need for restoration tool
4) No.

Many many thanks. Sounds too good to be true :)

Then will go and upgrade after work is over (I need my line for work, so no experiments before).

Have a great day
Andi

@Andi P Just to add, as with all planned changes to IT, make sure you make a backup of your settings before the upgrade. So in the worst case scenario you can always just reflash your old firmware version, reload the settings and you're back where you were.

Yes, of course. Good old IT practise.

That is why I asked whether a simple setting back to previous firmware is possible.

I was just afraid John would have updated already to the new code base, which blocks downgrading via the web interface. But as this is apparently not the case, I am fine.

Thanks again
Andi

Hi @john9527! I am running 19E3 in my AC68U using a Dual WAN config but in Advanced_WAN_Content.asp when I try to switch the WAN Type (in WAN index) nothing happens and that prevents me from getting and/or changing the config of my secondary WAN.

Is that something you were aware of?

Hi @john9527! I am running 19E3 in my AC68U using a Dual WAN config but in Advanced_WAN_Content.asp when I try to switch the WAN Type (in WAN index) nothing happens and that prevents me from getting and/or changing the config of my secondary WAN.

Is that something you were aware of?

I don't have anything to set up a true dual wan, but I enabled it for both a USB and Ethernet secondary, then went to the WAN page and in both cases was able to successfully select the 'WAN type'.

What browser are you using? (I did the quick test with Firefox)
If you are connecting with https to the router, try switching to http.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I went all "nuclear" and did a factory reset, recovered a few basic setting with (your also great tool) nvram save/restore utility but no luck (tried Chrome/Firefox/IE/Safari on iOS before).
I enabled it for both a USB and Ethernet
I think if the secondary connection is USB it does work but if the secondary is a LAN port then it doesn't (WAN+LAN1 is my current config). I am pretty sure the last Merlin version I used worked so maybe if you compare Advanced_WAN_Content.asp? I tried debugging it with Firefox but go lost so quickly...

but I enabled it for both a USB and Ethernet secondary,
@Santiago C - By this I meant I tried WAN+USB and WAN+Ethernet LAN (I used LAN Port 4). Both worked OK.

Next thing for you to try is to enable the browser debugger (F12) and check for any big errors under 'Console' (there are always some 'noise' errors).

Next release is out!

Many backports from the latest Merlin release as well as some new features and fixes.....see the first post and Changelog for the complete list of changes.

Thanks again to all that tried the Beta releases and provided feedback.

LATEST RELEASE: Update-20E3
18-Octover-2016
Merlin fork 374.43_2-20E3j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

Update-20E3 Highlights
  • Merlin backports
    • Add the Nano editor for all routers
    • Numerous fixes for memory leaks in network map
    • Implement option to reset an OpenVPN instance to its default settings
  • Fork Updates/Fixes
    • Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2j
    • Re-introduced support for Meo, Vodaphone and Hinet MOD IPTV profiles
    • Updates to CTF-FA detection for both FA capable and non-FA capable routers
    • Improvements to disk scan utility
    • NEW - Added a WAN Uptime timer to the System Log page
      Initially, a WAN Total/Current uptime timer is shown. Should the WAN go down, a second timer is also shown which displays only the Current uptime since the last WAN up event. There are improvements in the timer since the last Beta and it now takes into account the time to WAN up during a boot.
    • NEW - Added support for IPv6 firewall rules based on the Interface (Device) ID

As always, a reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs. The addition of Nano support increases the likelihood that jffs may need to be reformatted.

SHA256
Code:
d8cd402e6ba83ceb728d0554ec4e6e6299c8bc99fbb1f7012a53bced736dfd8f  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E3j9527.trx
44815c07dfbc902bfd25d2ae40896a0be100aeb4a727885bb90c2ff8ffd503e0  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E3j9527.trx
21e4f333fdaa2c2d035be9e0d5ec0081f272dc08db8898a8e5659f1e9379da49  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E3j9527.trx
cda518ef5a1bacc0d320faf23a863a232eb70a163bf6b6370a8e409ac2c800c2  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E3j9527.trx
599b59487485c1af2cadc553e427b63709342ae93a0b3073bbae42fcdeb6b471  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20E3j9527.trx

Last edited:
upgraded to 20e3
no problems so far.

i noticed one thing which is probably in there for a while

The system log window(general log) is resizable and runs down as low as the gui buttons(network tools on the left)
The wireless log window however is not resizable and is very small(has scroll bar)
why is this?
now i need to scroll within a windows while ontherwise i only need to scroll the complete gui window

The wireless log window however is not resizable and is very small(has scroll bar)
why is this?
Because I never 'tweaked' that window from the ASUS original implementation like I did for the System Log :)
Just to make sure I got it, you'd like Wireless Log to be like System Log, correct?

Exactly.
for me this is no problem since al of my devices will fit that bigger window
for others it might be a problem so it still needs to have scroll bars but they only need to appear when the data on the screen is bigger than the window(eg lots of wifi devices.
maybe that is the design of the window at the moment(small window and if things fill up scrollbars appear)

Because I never 'tweaked' that window from the ASUS original implementation like I did for the System Log :)
Just to make sure I got it, you'd like Wireless Log to be like System Log, correct?

I updated from 18E3 to 19E3 on some Asus RT-AC68 routers and everything was fine. When I updated an RT-AC66 router I lost the 5GHz radio. I tried flashing the 19E3 firmware again with no success. I tried flashing the 18E3 firmware to go back and the 5GHz radio was still gone. I flashed the 20E3 firware that just came out of beta and the 5GHz radio is still gone. I tried reflashing and rebooting a couple times with no success. I have quite a few more RT-AC66 routers to update but I am hesitant to do so if I loose the 5GHz radios.

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue?

I also am running an much older build of this firmware on my AC66U. I am wondering if I can roll directly to this newest version.

My AC66U is running 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-01j9527

Is there anything I need to know (or do) before upgrading?

Thanks!

Sonic

I updated from 18E3 to 19E3 on some Asus RT-AC68 routers and everything was fine. When I updated an RT-AC66 router I lost the 5GHz radio. I tried flashing the 19E3 firmware again with no success. I tried flashing the 18E3 firmware to go back and the 5GHz radio was still gone. I flashed the 20E3 firware that just came out of beta and the 5GHz radio is still gone. I tried reflashing and rebooting a couple times with no success. I have quite a few more RT-AC66 routers to update but I am hesitant to do so if I loose the 5GHz radios.

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue?
I haven't touched anything on the AC66 radios in any of the recent releases (I'd have to look but I think the last change that may affect them was on EU routers back in the V11-V13 time frame). Try powering down the router, then remove the power plug, turn the power switch on/off a few times with the power removed, then put the power plug back and power up. If this works, it's possible the router is starting to fail.

I also am running an much older build of this firmware on my AC66U. I am wondering if I can roll directly to this newest version.

My AC66U is running 3.0.0.4.374.43_2-01j9527

Is there anything I need to know (or do) before upgrading?

Thanks!

Sonic
Wow....someone still on my release 1 (over 2 years old)! In theory, you should just be able to directly upgrade. But, I would be prepared to do a factory reset and reconfigure manually if anything looks strange. Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: You will probably also need to reformat your jffs space after the upgrade. Make sure you have a copy of anything there (scripts/configs) that you want to save and restore.

Last edited:
Wow....someone still on my release 1 (over 2 years old)! In theory, you should just be able to directly upgrade. But, I would be prepared to do a factory reset and reconfigure manually if anything looks strange. Let us know how it goes.

So no possibility of backing up current settings, rolling the upgrade in and if anything is strange - restore my settings?

To be honest - it's been a long time since I have looked at all the possible areas I have changed. Is there anyway to figure out my current settings (and record them) so if I do have to do a factory reset - I have some sort of roadmap to follow to manually reconfigure?

EDIT: You will probably also need to reformat your jffs space after the upgrade. Make sure you have a copy of anything there (scripts/configs) that you want to save and restore.

Can you provide any more detail on this - as I have no idea what it is :) I do know that I have no scripts or configs in this area....

Sonic.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!