What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi

is it possible to update vpn client to "cipher CHACHA20-POLY1305" or must openvpn need to update first?
@john9527

Needs both OpenVPN 2.5 and OpenSSL 1.1.1. And OpenVPN 2.5 is still in beta.

Needs both OpenVPN 2.5 and OpenSSL 1.1.1. And OpenVPN 2.5 is still in beta.
Ok, im using your alpha build with my Android and chacha20 and its working fine. I can connect with both gcm and chacha20 cipher. I can wait was just curious.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have to log into their router twice? Right after the first login, the router again asks for username and password.

P.S.- This is when logging in with a web browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have problem with ANY AsusWRT firmware, including this. In my country there is some forbidden websites, primary torrents. With AdvancedTomato firmware websites works fine. With any AsusWRT doesnt load, i get Timeout error. I though it may be DNS problem, but when i do ping command i see that it resolves correct IT. What's may be the problem?? Can anyone confirm custom DNS (cloadFlare, google) work ok for you?
I would use AdvancedTomato, BUT with AsusWRT based firmware i get 300Mbs wifi speed, while with Tomato only 144Mbs. Helps when transferring files in local lan.

Does anyone else have to log into their router twice? Right after the first login, the router again asks for username and password.

P.S.- This is when logging in with a web browser.

Yes. this is first firmware that doesn't work with OPERA. had to use shirttiest browser - CHROME to be able to use it. With Opera it always ask login details and can not pass initial setup window (stucks on wifi).

Last edited:
@tmx All custom DNS servers work fine with this firmware or any other AsusWRT firmware. If you're having problems you'll have to tell us what country you're in and what websites you are trying to access. I am in the UK and most torrent websites are blocked by the ISPs here. I would have to connect through a VPN server to access them.

@tmx All custom DNS servers work fine with this firmware or any other AsusWRT firmware. If you're having problems you'll have to tell us what country you're in and what websites you are trying to access. I am in the UK and most torrent websites are blocked by the ISPs here. I would have to connect through a VPN server to access them.

Strange thing just happened. Now it works. maybe my both computers had DNS cached... Strange because whenever i write AdvacedTomato FW it works instantly after install. with this fw it didnt for half day. Starnge and it happened not once but with every my attempt to use AsusWRT based fw.
Anyway THANKS to author for keep updating this FW for us who use older gear!

Last edited:
Hello, I was trying the latest release, it was my first attempt, and I found that there is not possible to change 4g mode authentication type. I need to change it to PAPO/CHAP but after applying changes it reverts back to none. All other settings are fine and they are saved instead of authentication. I made factory reset several times, but still no go. Any idea what could be wrong?

I hope someone has figured this out. Is there any way to completely disable the "cannot login until user has logged out" feature? I do have an "unsetuser" script-

#!/bin/sh
# echo $PATH | grep -q "\/sbin" || export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin
logger -p 1 -t $(basename $0) "STARTING SCRIPT, PARAMETER: $1"
nvram unset login_ip_str
nvram unset login_timestamp
nvram unset login_ip
nvram commit

that works but it would be great to permanently disable this abomination once and for all. Is this possible?

I hope someone has figured this out. Is there any way to completely disable the "cannot login until user has logged out" feature? I do have an "unsetuser" script-

#!/bin/sh
# echo $PATH | grep -q "\/sbin" || export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin
logger -p 1 -t $(basename $0) "STARTING SCRIPT, PARAMETER: $1"
nvram unset login_ip_str
nvram unset login_timestamp
nvram unset login_ip
nvram commit

that works but it would be great to permanently disable this abomination once and for all. Is this possible?
What is the use case here? Is it because you left another PC logged into the UI and moved to another PC? Remember that the entire UI is designed around the principle that only one person will be using it at any one time. It is not a multi-user interface and allowing more than one user simultaneously is just asking for trouble IMHO.

If you need to "force off" the other session you could just restart httpd from a terminal session.

There are just a lot of times I run into this brick wall. Like today when I reset the router to redo all the settings from a clean slate. Add computers (including the one I'm using) to manual DHCP list and BANG! Can't get back in. What if I connect to a vpn? POW! Can't get in. Use a different NIC? BAP! Can't get in. You get the idea. Thanks for the httpd restart advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be moving to a new Fiber connection with Bell Canada that's rated at 1.5gig/980. ( deal I just couldn't pass up). I've been using John's fork on my AC68U for a long time and I prefer not having to get a new router forcing me off his fork. Those with experience in here what is the maximum theoretical speed you can get using the AC68U? I've overclocked to 1200mhz CPU/666mhz RAM so hopefully that should help get me a little more juice out of the connection. Thanks for any assistance.

I'm going to be moving to a new Fiber connection with Bell Canada that's rated at 1.5gig/980. ( deal I just couldn't pass up). I've been using John's fork on my AC68U for a long time and I prefer not having to get a new router forcing me off his fork. Those with experience in here what is the maximum theoretical speed you can get using the AC68U? I've overclocked to 1200mhz CPU/666mhz RAM so hopefully that should help get me a little more juice out of the connection. Thanks for any assistance.
should get you to the max ~940mbps (the rest up to 1000 are protocol overheads)

VPN configuration page

Please note that all four client side setting links are dead.
ffzhGwM.jpg

I had to switch to Merlin firmware.
Router AC68u.

With firmware 44EA:
I randomly get kicked out of GTA online servers (I don’t use vpn for gaming).
While using VPN on any devices via app (not internally on router) download speeds are slower.

My download speed is 240Mbps with no VPN. With 44EA firmware, while using VPN, DL is 160Mbps.

With Merlin firmware, I don’t get kicked from GTA Online servers and my download speeds, while using VPN is 220Mbps.

I have a RT-N66R and it's forever home for 8Gb microsd card inside, formatted with amtm and mounted to /tmp/mnt/microsd.
My question is should I create sim links / change mount setting to move log file or maybe even whole /tmp folder or/and any other folders to use microsd? Is it a good idea? Please, advice. Thanks.

I have a RT-N66R and it's forever home for 8Gb microsd card inside, formatted with amtm and mounted to /tmp/mnt/microsd.
My question is should I create sim links / change mount setting to move log file or maybe even whole /tmp folder or/and any other folders to use microsd? Is it a good idea? Please, advice. Thanks.
Not really of any benefit. Just adds unnecessary complexity IMHO.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!