What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't post a lot here but I see no s/w updates for 2+ months and some posts suggesting John may not be working on this anymore (?). I did see his post in April saying he'll be tied up for a few weeks. What's going on / what did I miss ?

I don't post a lot here but I see no s/w updates for 2+ months and some posts suggesting John may not be working on this anymore (?). I did see his post in April saying he'll be tied up for a few weeks. What's going on / what did I miss ?
He’s taking an indefinite amount of personal time away dealing with some life things.

I was gone for a while too but I’m doing fine, for any who were concerned.

Sorry if I bothered you..... I went back to mid-April when the updates stopped. Figured something happened after that.

No bother, I was just being helpful. :)

Yes i got that , but can we get this working ..
I don't believe that's technically possible. The router interface (which the app uses) was completely redesigned in the later firmware versions. John's firmware still uses the old interface so the app is not compatible.

Is there any kind of guide for setting up OpenVPN with this fork? I'm trying to set up FastestVPN and their Asus instructions are completely different from what I'm seeing... https://support.fastestvpn.com/tutorials/routers/asus/openvpn

I'm obviously doing something wrong judging from the logs...

Jul 18 20:54:48 openvpn[31360]: Restart pause, 10 second(s)
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled. See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]173.254.252.218:4443
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: Socket Buffers: R=[122880->122880] S=[122880->122880]
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: UDP link local: (not bound)
Jul 18 20:54:58 openvpn[31360]: UDP link remote: [AF_INET]173.254.252.218:4443
Jul 18 20:55:58 openvpn[31360]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Jul 18 20:55:58 openvpn[31360]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Jul 18 20:55:58 openvpn[31360]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

Is there any kind of guide for setting up OpenVPN with this fork? I'm trying to set up FastestVPN and their Asus instructions are completely different from what I'm seeing... https://support.fastestvpn.com/tutorials/routers/asus/openvpn

I'm obviously doing something wrong judging from the logs...
Please don't double post (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...ultiple-us-locations.57250/page-2#post-505176). Or at least wait a while and see if someone answers your other post.

Please don't double post (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/f...ultiple-us-locations.57250/page-2#post-505176). Or at least wait a while and see if someone answers your other post.

Sorry about that. I was posting more detailed error logs here that I figured were specific to this fork and not useful in the other post.

It ended up being a problem with the VPN provider. One of their locations (the first one I ever tried, of course) is dead.

Everything is working perfectly now.

@john9527

Does the latest firmware, support a 4G LTE Sierra Wireless EM 7455 or 7565 modem?

Can we please add support for those modems?

I know OpenWRT firmware for ac68 supports the modems, but the WiFi doesn’t work on the ac68 router, which defeats the whole purpose of using ac68 router with Sierra LTE modems via USB ports.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi
I just want to say THANK YOU !
The Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS ( I used L build ) completely fixed my rooter's instability.

I'm using my rooter AC-56u from 3 years and always was a bit unstable - I have connected a cable modem to the rooter and every 5 min to 10 min I was loosing internet connection and go back automatically after 5 sec to 20 sec ( totally random !)
So playing online games was barley possible , IPTV was loosing connection after few minutes, during of the using ftp - downloading something from the ftp I could not open any web page at home ! .. etc.. ( tested - straight connected to the modem I hadn't such problems so .. I could blame only my rooter )
- kernel logs did not show anything ...I tried any possible configuration , formatting , just everything.

I tried almost every build Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin from 2016 because I fought newer build should be more stable .. but wasn't.

Finally I decided to get rid of my rooter in few weeks ! BUT I found THIS Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS - AND EVERYTHING START WORKS AS SHOULD - JUST LIKE THAT- no problems at all so far.

I'm testing this firmware from yesterday and seems be stable on 100 % !
JUST AMAZING first time from 3 years i have fully stable ac56u !
So the rooter stays with me longer then ;-D

I just to say again THANK YOU !

Last edited:
/jffs is empty
just upgraded to John's latest on page 1 ....ASUS RT-N66U
try to get "amtm" and "diversion" going
jffs is enabled in menu, end when I go there with putty or winscp--to my surprise---, it is totally empty !
--no scripts, --no configs
any suggestion how to get them back ?
thanks
Try setting "Format JFFS partition at next boot" to Yes and then applying it and rebooting.

EDIT: sometimes you have to reboot twice.

I don't believe that's technically possible. The router interface (which the app uses) was completely redesigned in the later firmware versions. John's firmware still uses the old interface so the app is not compatible.

Ok Thank you ..
Hopefully we may get this moving as App gives more control to manage the Router easily.

You probably need to clear the browser cache. If you're going through your work's proxy server you'll have to wait for its cache to expire. Alternatively, use another browser or client.

Hello, i have an old AC66U, is this firmware(374.43_39L3j9527 or 374.43_39E3j9527) more stable and updated than Merlin ? It was stopped at 380, but Asus on the official website continued with 382
I want to use it as AP for extend and maybe as a vpn server, i know i lack of dual core hardware :(
Thanks

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!