What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I’d like to think @john9527 is on a cool road trip with @FreshJR and @kvic.

But we just don’t know. Maybe he’s working on his bucket list.
I would like to add that I hope @john9527 knows that there are those here who value and appreciate all the efforts put fourth by him to Asuswrt-Merlin, and we hope he enjoys a long well deserved break what ever it may be he is doing.

Hi,
Using Cloudflare's DoT, working perfectly fine.
If I enable DNSEC, for some reason I loose DoT. Any idea how can DNSEC also be enabled? What options should be set?
I have Pihole running too, but it should not matter, as the router is doing the DHCP, Pihole's DNS is the router.

Hi,
Using Cloudflare's DoT, working perfectly fine.
If I enable DNSEC, for some reason I loose DoT. Any idea how can DNSEC also be enabled? What options should be set?
I have Pihole running too, but it should not matter, as the router is doing the DHCP, Pihole's DNS is the router.
If you’re basing your conclusion on the Cloudflare test site, it is known to be faulty when DNSSEC is enabled with DoT. So that in itself is probably an indication that it is working. :)

For anyone interested, the LayoutNG bug in Chrome doesn't affect the main Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_0 firmware.

@dave14305

Code reuse issue.....Fix written and tested. Thanks for reporting!

EDIT: If anyone wants this fix, it's in my development directory as 39D4
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJiF2l3WjM46lSmxrH
Good stuff here...from 2 weeks ago. Breathing a sigh of relief that this is a positive sign of John’s well-being. But I can’t speculate more than that, since I don’t know anything.
F32387B1-36D4-4F18-AEF8-EA3D4ECBDA22.jpeg

I'm using 40E6 now and after some basic testing, works well on my N66U. Also no rendering issues when enabling LayoutNG on Vivaldi. Thank you, John.

I flashed back from Merlin 384.13 to 39E3, restored my backup config from June, and then upgraded to 40E6. So far so good, but maybe not for the faint of heart since we can't expect any support from John until he decides to return to the forums (hopefully it's only a question of when, and not if).

how come this isnt on github, nor Johns release archive on the OP? this seems out of stream???
Yes, it's a random finding in his Development directory, not even his Beta or Public repository. It's not meant to indicate a public release. Don't read more into it than it is, until John decides to post on the forums again.

John always commits only after releases, he doesn't push work in progress stuff to his Github repo.

Well anyway, out of curiosity installed it on my RT-AC68U rev A1. As always, running smooth. No problems so far.

Working for me on 56u. I don't use a lot of features though, just DoT and DNS filter. No reset, just a maunual reboot.

Quite a few changes in the change log from V39. Working fine on RT-68U....web browsing seems snappier with DoT and Cloudlflare!

Hope to see John9527 back on the forum soon!

Good stuff here...from 2 weeks ago. Breathing a sigh of relief that this is a positive sign of John’s well-being. But I can’t speculate more than that, since I don’t know anything.
View attachment 19444

Just a warning to anyone trying johns latest development build on the n66u, it broke my internet via ethernet and wifi, had to restore it back to e3 build.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!