What's new

Beta [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS development 47D9 - RT-AC68U V3 support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All stable on 2x N66U APs!

Just a quick summary on the NFS update included in this development release (and used in all recent Merlin)....

Everyone needs to give a big thanks to @ColinTaylor for figuring out what the heck the Windows10 NFS client is doing!!!

First, the Win10 NFS client is using an outdated protocol for its NFS export discovery. This protocol was enabled by default in the old NFS daemon, is disabled by default in the updated NFS. So, if you want to see your NFS exports in Explorer/Network you need to select legacy mode for the router NFS support. (I'm looking to see if I can enable the piece Windows needs without forcing NFS 2 legacy for a future update).

Second....that's not all. It turns out Win10 only does NFS discovery when
  • It's Restarted
  • Started after a full Shutdown (shutdown+shift)
  • the NFS client is stopped then started (nfsadmin client stop, nfsadmin client start, from an elevated prompt)
You can hit refresh in Explorer all day and it won't pick up a new NFS export or remove an NFS export that has been stopped until you do one of the above.

Obvious MS hasn't put too much effort on NFS.....

running fine on 4 ac68u's using a combo of wds and repeater modes.

AC56 still working great on the latest D build, installed on release day.

Working well on my AC68U /A2. Running transmission and 2 Openvpn servers with no issues. Wireless performance is rock solid with all of my devices which include Apple/Huawei/Samsung and HiMedia android devices. Thanks again.

Working equally fine on my "new" AC66B1...a recent garage sale find.

I just noticed that when connecting to the FTP server using this build that I get a certificate expiry error which I never noticed before. Please see the error I get below using filezilla. Is this something new in this beta build? and can I upload my own .pem files to override this error?. Thanks very much for any help.

1614218686902.png

1614218750585.png

I don't think this is anything new. The older firmwares were set to expire 10 years after 2010, i.e. the end of 2020. So for 2021 you need to generate a new certificate. John also changed to validity period a few releases ago to now be 13 months (if the router currently has a valid date & time set) rather than 10 years.

Last edited:
And since 46E9j9527, the firmware default date was advanced to Jan 1 2020, so certs created before the time sync will be “less old” from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!