What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds based on 386.3_2 have been released for DSL-AX82U and DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, today I went to try your version of the dsl-AX82u-ax5400. After flashing i could not access my device, this was due to my router password login being 18chars. Allowed by default. After a reset i got access and notice that you limit to 15char. Once i had access again noticed that in the UI there was a option missing.
20211102_102411.jpg

Is missing, I then changed security to https and a new port but then could not access the device page. so i had to reset and was short on time and went back to oem.

Last edited:
Think my problem is I need a hard reset and they have not explaned correctly, I did the hold the reset button for 10 sec, yet think I need power off and hold the wps till it turns off then switch off and back on again?

One other thing this is were i report problems or help, seen many threads?

Yes were I just got the update yet says at end push button, am guessing means power switch off then on?

That will chear all the NVRam, as noticed from my other reset words in the ui remembered?

Is it possable to make the router password longer?

Thanks

Hello,

I see that 386.03_2-gnuton5 has been released on November 17, 2021.

I have tried to upload this firmware onto my ASUS DSL-AC68U router, however, it seems to load for a bit before refreshing back to the login page. Am I doing something wrong?

@lamham logout and login again. use an incognito browser and a try to be in the same network or cable connected and let me know if you find still this problem

@lamham logout and login again. use an incognito browser and a try to be in the same network or cable connected and let me know if you find still this problem
Hello GNUton, apologies for double posting the bug on different websites.
I have just tried using an incognito page > Logged in > Upload firmware and it is still refreshing.

Hello, Am planning to buy used dsl - ac68u for low price. i already have ac59u v2 but it doesnt have openvpn policy based routing or advanced openvpn client option. So will dsl -ac68u have advanced openvpn client option? like killswitch with merlin firmware? or is it better if i go for rt ac68u instead? ive been checking gnuton threads and found there were no issues with openvpn client on gnuton firmware. Thanks

Hello GNUton, apologies for double posting the bug on different websites.
I have just tried using an incognito page > Logged in > Upload firmware and it is still refreshing.
@GNUton Just uploaded the firmware via a different laptop. For some reason, it works from my work laptop rather than personal.

Is it possible that on my personal laptop, even if connected via an ethernet cable, I use a VPN that is causing it to not recognise my IP? I did try to disable it and upload the firmware, but it is still not happy. How do I correct my access to my asus router on my personal laptop?

Hello, Am planning to buy used dsl - ac68u for low price. i already have ac59u v2 but it doesnt have openvpn policy based routing or advanced openvpn client option. So will dsl -ac68u have advanced openvpn client option? like killswitch with merlin firmware? or is it better if i go for rt ac68u instead? ive been checking gnuton threads and found there were no issues with openvpn client on gnuton firmware. Thanks
dsl-ac68u should have all features rt-ac68 has minus the repeater mode. VPN wise should be the same.

@GNUton Just uploaded the firmware via a different laptop. For some reason, it works from my work laptop rather than personal.

Is it possible that on my personal laptop, even if connected via an ethernet cable, I use a VPN that is causing it to not recognise my IP? I did try to disable it and upload the firmware, but it is still not happy. How do I correct my access to my asus router on my personal laptop?
I am not sure about the answer here, but defintely your vpn or managed work laptop may have rules/firewalls and other stuff that can interfeer with the uploading process.

Hi GNUton, glad that you made this fork, thanks on my behalf!

I was hoping to see the Operation Mode option available as I want to use my DSL-AC68U as a media bridge.
Have I missed it or has this not been ported to this merlin build?
I have seen a repeater in the pre-release thread but nothing on media bridge.

@Enter Media bridge should be one of the possible options that repeater build unlocks for DSL-AC68U.
hi GNUton rt-ax82u and dsl-ax82u have the same hardware specifications . I have an asustor nas device. Can you add LAN Link Aggregation it to the merlin dsl-ax82u version

Running 386.04_0-gnuton1 it's 'visit download site' button for a firmware update sent me to https://fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net/DSL-AX82U which was not found on the server, hitting that button in previous versions went to a useful page but I cannot remember the URL.
I won't know if this is a problem on 386.04_0-gnuton2 until the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.