What's new

Release [FORK][DSL] GNUton's Merlin builds for DSL Router 386.1_2 released.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all,

looking to finally bite the bullet and flash my XT8s in the hope they are more stable.
A silly question, are you still able to use the ASUS Router apple app after?

Thanks,
Rob.

Hi all,

looking to finally bite the bullet and flash my XT8s in the hope they are more stable.

Thanks,
Rob.
Not sure about Apple or the XT8 specifically, but I have this firmware on my ET8s, and the Android app still works to access them with all available functions.

Not sure about Apple or the XT8 specifically, but I have this firmware on my ET8s, and the Android app still works to access them with all available functions.
Thanks, I have now upgraded all my XT8s, did the hard reset as advised and I can confirm that apple app is working. ;-)

@GNUton - I can't believe how stable this is! Been having so many issues with the factory firware with constant disconenects. Have sent over some beer money. ;)

Silly question, how do I know when udpates are out please?

Hi all,

Thanks,
Rob.
You can check for update from Admin/Firmware Update

Hi, Im sorry but Im a newbie.
Im struggling with my XT8 and IOS devices that keep the Wifi connection but now WAN connection (internett traffic). I installed my XT8 a couple of weeks ago and have been struggling since. As far as I can see this only applies to IOS devices and especially Iphone/Ipads etc...

I ran across this forum and this firmware and I have read through this forum. Do you think that this version of the firmware will solve my problems? In addition Im wounder how to install this version. The files are .w while the ASUS firmware is .pkgtb? I tried to upload the .w using the http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp but it does not upload. It might just be me that dont understand, but is it possible to get some more explanation on how to install the GNUton versions?

Hi there,
Today I wanted to finally make available to a big audience the 386 builds for DSL-AC68U and DSL-AX82U.
The build is based on tha latest stable upstream Merlin code.
As always I wanna thank a lot to the @RMerlin and a kudos also to all people who have contibuted to test the DSL-AC68U builds.

I hope to see the same enthusiams for the DSL-AX82U as soon as it gets on the shelves.

Instruction for flashing the firmware.
1. Download the latest image for your model from here. Please download the .trx for DSL-AC68U or the .w for DSL-AX82U.
2. Open http://router.asus.com/Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp in your browser and upload the image
3. Please reset to factory if you are upgrading from stock.

In case you want to revert back to stock firmware. Please download the .trx or .w image from the asus website/support page/your router
And repeat the points 2 and 3.

Enjoy!

PS:
To directly download that firmware for your model - chose from one of the following links ...
DSL-AC68U - https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...n1/DSL-AC68U_386.01_2-gnuton1_DSL_1.0.5.2.trx
DSL-AX82U - https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-m...1/DSL-AX82U_386.01_2-gnuton1_cferom_pureubi.w
Hi!
What is the difference between these two firmware files?:
TUF-AX3000_3004_388.4_0-gnuton1_puresqubi.w
TUF-AX3000_3004_388.4_0-gnuton1_tuf_puresqubi.w

Thanks!

More than likely, the GUI interface. (I assume the 'tuf' version is garish.

Why is my RAM with the disk connected always at maximum?
RAM+.jpg

Hi, I have been running Version : 388.2_2-gnuton1 with no issues for a number of months on my DSL-AX82U in Australia On FTTN.

Decided to upgrade to 3004_388.5_0 and all seemed good for a number of days then I had a crash and after the crash restart it would not connect at a good speed. After a hard reset it was good for a number of days again then crash.

went back to 388.2 and stable.

Tried 3004_388.4_0 and same crash behaviour as 388.5 after a number of days stable operation.

I have a saved log from one of the crash days.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    501.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: