What's new

FW 178.1x: issue concerning Traffic Monitor / "Internet"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

geko53

Regular Contributor
When I disable Dual WAN and choose USB as primary WAN (using ppp0) the traffic monitor displays strange, extraordinary high values in the section "Internet" when choosing "real-time"-display. Changing display to "Last 24 hours" the values for internet traffic are zeroed (see attached screenshots)...

Attachments

• Cap-120902-01.jpg
    Cap-120902-01.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 752
  • Cap-120902-02.jpg
    Cap-120902-02.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 665
  • Cap-120902-03.jpg
    Cap-120902-03.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 693
The ability of using an USB device as a primary WAN interface is part of the actual Dual WAN code - disabling Dual WAN only disables the second interface and the load-balancing/failover feature. So this is most likely something not fully debugged/developed by Asus yet. Since I don't have a USB WAN device to test it, there's not much I can do, sorry.

If you keep Dual WAN enabled but only use the primary WAN with your USB device, does the issue still occur?

If you keep Dual WAN enabled but only use the primary WAN with your USB device, does the issue still occur?

When re-enabling Dual WAN and using USB as primary WAN the issue disappears...

But now another interessting flaw is to be seen which I reported already before: entering USB as Primary WAN is only possible if I use Firefox as browser. If I enter USB as primary WAN, leave Firefox and enter IE, the "USB"-entry has disappeared, and "WAN" is entered as primary WAN, and I am not able to select "USB" any longer - I can only select between "WAN" and blank. (unnecessary to say that "USB" re-appears if I access WebGUI with Firefox again)... The flaw exists even if I clean the cache in IE - strange!

I guess this is only a cosmetic one, isn't it?

I know Asus did some tweaks to the HTML pages specific to IE in the latest beta they sent me. Maybe that will help.

In general it seems that IE is the browser that has the most problems with Asuswrt's webui. Even the visuals are a bit off on IE. No such problems under Chrome or Firefox however.