What's new

FW Merlin 386.7_2 - Web Access from WAN - ports lower 1024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomofamber

New Around Here
Hi,
I am not able to set port 443 for Web Access from WAN. There are info, I can set only ports in range from 1024 to 65535. This is very wrong, because I am not able to connect due to some connection providers (hotels, employers,...) block "non-strandard" ports.
Is there any other way to bypass this pointless restriction and set the port to 443 for Web Access from WAN?

Go to AiCloud 2.0 > Settings and change AiCloud Web access port to something other than 443 and then try again.

Exposing the router's Web Access port to the internet on a common port is a huge security risk. Asus routers have a long history of being hacked this way. It would be much more secure to use the router's VPN server.

Go to AiCloud 2.0 > Settings and change AiCloud Web access port to something other than 443 and then try again.

Exposing the router's Web Access port to the internet on a common port is a huge security risk. Asus routers have a long history of being hacked this way. It would be much more secure to use the router's VPN server.
I tried it before made this thread. It did not help... still can't set 443.

About security risk, it's my own responsibility and my calculated risk. If intruder wish to attack, he/she will try 2nd common 8443 or snif full range... If router has some weaknes, there no matter which port I will use. For home router will suffice very good password and changing login name from admin to another...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!