What's new

Solved FW Merlin WAN 2.5gbps not an option on AX3000 [386.7_2]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

da_qed

New Around Here
I bought some 2.5gbe nics for my pfsense box and I'm getting ready. I was reading on the ASUS site, how to set my WAN port on my RT-AX3000 to 2.5gbe. There is a drop-down menu in the web interface.

[Wireless Router] How to set 2.5G port as WAN type?

However there isn't an option for this in my installed Merlin. It shows "1gbe" only iirc. Way back, I remember using dual 1gbe ports for WAN. Now I'm only using a single. I would have already tried plugging in a cable, but my family has, like 6 people always online. Always. I'd like to sort most of this before I take the WiFi down.

I've done power cycles and I just recently updated to 386.7_2. Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks in advance!

I was reading on the ASUS site, how to set my WAN port on my RT-AX3000 to 2.5gbe.

RT-AX3000 doesn't have 2.5GbE WAN port.

Ok, yeah. I agree. I confused myself by doing internet searches and not reading carefully! I would need to get a V2 which would be incompatible with Merlin, or a different appliance altogether.