What's new

Game Accelerator vs QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ivan0590

New Around Here
Hello.
I have an Asus RT-AC68U and I just updated the Merlin firmware from version 384.13 to version 384.19. Yes, I know, it has been a while since the last update. I'm a little bit lazy...
Well, before the update I had the QoS configured to prioritize my gaming PC over all my home devices. And after the update I noticed the new Gear Accelerator option and I decided to put it on, add my gaming PC to the list and apply the changes.
I don't have any issues yet (I did this 30 minutes ago), but I was wondering if it's ok to have both QoS and Gear Accelerator activated at the same time. To me they sound like very similar things, they prioritize the device I use for gaming.
My worry is creating a potential conflict between them that ends up in worst performance or even some kind of failure. So, what is the best thing to do in this case?

Greetings.

I see, so having both activated is stupid I guess. In that case i will put off the Game Accelerator and keep the QoS.
Thanks.