What's new

Gigabit Internet and RT-AC88U Parental Control's performance impact

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Roz

New Around Here
Hello Folks,

I figured it's best I post this as a separate topic rather than mixing this up with my earlier post.

So basically I have a new ASUS RT-AC88U wifi router. I have gigabit internet at home from my ISP. And for parental controls/time scheduling in it to work correctly, I need to disable NAT acceleration on it. Only problem is, when NAT acceleration is disabled, that kind of caps the internet speeds to something like 300-350Mbps (even for wired clients connected to the router) while I am paying the ISP for a gigabit internet. So while I need NAT acceleration enabled to get it's maximum possible throughput, I also need the parental controls to work properly/accurately.

I do understand the technical aspects of why this is so. But my question is this:
For those you having gigabit internet at home and successfully using parental controls/time scheduling on it, what model ASUS wifi router do you use which gives you the the ability to go up to (or close to) 1 Gig speeds?

Thanks!.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!