What's new

GL-Inet AXT1800 - WiFi6 Travel Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
I've been testing this one for a while... gigabit throughput on NAT, wg is around 500Mbs...

OpenWRT based...

Product Page here

third party mini-review here

<snip> third party mini-review here

been waiting for that slate-ax to settle down, both in firmware and price... however a GREAT find is the guy's blog who wrote/did the mini-review... a deep dive wireless blog for those of us that are rf heads... thanks man...

I read that their GUI is more intuitive than OpenWRT's LuCi. Was that the case for you?

For most folks - the GL.Inet WebUI, 99.99% of the functionality is easy to find and use - they have presets for commercial VPN providers for both wg and openvpn, and can extend if needed in a clean way.

FWIW - OpenWRT LUCI can be installed, and there, it's the hair shirt that most OpenWRT users know and love ;)

Note that I would step carefully inside LUCI, as the GL.Inet specific items may not mirror - same goes with /etc/config and files there - GL's specific items are kept in their own file, so it's easy enough to tell what does what.