What's new

GT-AC5300 - "Gaming" (Lan 1, Lan 2) ports capped at 100 Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MikoWhy

New Around Here
Hi, everyone!

I need help regarding GT-AC5300. On both LAN ports marked as "gaming" network speed is capped at 100 Mbps.

I have tried to restore the router or changed the port on which my computer is plugged into.

The outcome is as follows. On every other port, I have 1 Gbps but those two don't work as expected.

Adding screenshot of my Status screen

Thanks for any help in advance

Hi, everyone!

I need help regarding GT-AC5300. On both LAN ports marked as "gaming" network speed is capped at 100 Mbps.

I have tried to restore the router or changed the port on which my computer is plugged into.

The outcome is as follows. On every other port, I have 1 Gbps but those two don't work as expected.

If you move the cable from LAN3 to LAN1 and LAN2, does that cable and client connect at 1 Gbps?

OE

@OzarkEdge Thanks for the response. No, it's changing to 100mbps.

That sounds internal to the router then... I'm not familiar with the GT features but I suspect one of them intended to help gaming is not helping.

OE

Have you tried different Ethernet cables?

Have you tried a cheap unmanaged switch between the router and the client you want to connect on those ports?

Yes, I have tried different devices and different cables.
I did not try any switch but if other devices are capped on those two ports and not on the others.

Is there any possibility that this is some software issue? I have lost the invoice and if this is a pure hardware issue that will be a disaster since this damn thing is expensive.

Hi, everyone!

I still suspect your cable(s). I have a 1G connection to device on LAN 1.
LAN 2 has a 100mbps only device, but I can connect a different device on the same cable and it gets to 1G.
I'm running 9.0.0.4.386_40947. Is there any specific config that says LAN1&2 are to be Gaming Ports? I'm not a gamer and I never touched those options.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-11-13 11-33-50.png
    Screenshot from 2020-11-13 11-33-50.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 255
But is that cable working as 1GbE with the same client devices?

@L&LD Yes, and that is why it is strange. Basically same client and same cable on any other port is 1gbps and on Lan 1 and Lan 2 is 100mbps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!