What's new

Solved GT-AC5300 LAN Ports maxing out at 200-300 Mb/s

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lydia1989

New Around Here
I owned a GT-AC5300 for more than 5 years, for the past month, the gigabit lan ports on the router no longer reach gigabit speeds, the max i have been getting is 200-300 mb/s, my isp speed is gigabit, the bottleneck is from the router not the modem, any solutions?
1- i tried power cycling the router multiple time.
2- i tried each of the 8 LAN ports to see if any of them reach gigabit speeds, but all 8 max out at the same speeds
running the latest asuswrt firmware
thanks

Have you changed any router settings recently? This is the max speed the router can do when NAT acceleration is disabled.

Not NAT, but NAT acceleration. Look in LAN, Switch Control GUI page. Have you changed any router settings recently?

Ah, okay - GT-AC5300 model. What about the question I asked twice?

What is incompatible with NAT acceleration:

WOW, UNBELIEVABLE
Tech 9, YOU ARE THE BEST
Tech 9, YOU ARE THE BEST
Tech 9, YOU ARE THE BEST

i looked at that list of "features" that would disable NAT acceleration, it turns out i have QoS enabled, and i just disabled it, and immedietly my LAN speed went back up to 800+ Mb/s

again, THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE THE BEST

You’re welcome. This information is unfortunately unavailable in User Manuals.
Thank you! I upgraded modem to 1.2 Gbps but AC5300 router was giving only 200-300 Mbps on Ethernet. After googling this thread and setting NAT acceleration from Disabled to Auto I’m finally getting 950Mbps.

note: I created account just to say thank you :)

Awesome thread, QoS was giving me issues as well on my GT-AC5300, just upgraded from 500Mbps to 1500Mbps. Before and After I was only getting about 580Mbps. Turned off QoS and I'm in the 930Mbps range :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!