What's new

GT AX 11000 access problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davidjames1701

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router at home with two gt-ax87u units in mesh, I cannot access the gui in browser or Asus app, WiFi and internet access is ok, it seems to update firmware ok, I have a gt-ax87u in router mode in a remote location that I can access gui ok, can anyone help please ?

Hi, I have a Asus GT-AX11000 router at home with two gt-ax87u units in mesh, I cannot access the gui in browser or Asus app, WiFi and internet access is ok, it seems to update firmware ok, I have a gt-ax87u in router mode in a remote location that I can access gui ok, can anyone help please ?

You have two gt-ax87u units? Not sure if I have ever seen this model before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If both RT-AX92U's are in an AiMesh 'node' configuration, no access is possible via the GUI. Is this what you are asking? :)

Yep, but i have another RT-AX92U in router mode at another location that I can access through a browser and ASUS app fine, but the RT-AX11000 and two RT-AX92U in mesh mode mode, I cannot access the gui in browser or assisting app, just seems annoying that it’s probably a box needs unticking or something ?

You will be able to access the gui in the AiMesh Primary Router (GT-AX11000) but not any of the AiMesh Nodes (RT-AX92Us). If you try to access the GUI on either of the AiMesh Nodes by using their IP address you will be bounced back to the AiMesh Primary Router GUI login in. This is normal, designed behaviour.

If you are still not getting any success, try one of the other wireless bands or a direct ethernet connection to the router.

You mentioned a firmware upgrade, was that recent? Was that when you lost GUI access? If so power down the GT-AX11000 for 30 seconds and then power it back on again. Leave it for 15 minutes and then try access it again.

BTW what are your views on restarting the Premiership?

If you are still not getting any success, try one of the other wireless bands or a direct ethernet connection to the router.

You mentioned a firmware upgrade, was that recent? Was that when you lost GUI access? If so power down the GT-AX11000 for 30 seconds and then power it back on again. Leave it for 15 minutes and then try access it again.

BTW what are your views on restarting the Premiership?
yes, f/w upgrade was recent and I believe gui access was lost before that upgrade, I’ll try the router reboot and Ethernet option, Premiership ? They’ll probably try to finish it behind closed doors, but without a crowd ? Really ? I’ve a ticket to a Cricket Test Match in August, I’ve got fingers crossed, but I’ll not be surprised if it’s refunded, a lot think a lot should be refunded by the government in Beijing ?

yes, f/w upgrade was recent and I believe gui access was lost before that upgrade, I’ll try the router reboot and Ethernet option, Premiership ? They’ll probably try to finish it behind closed doors, but without a crowd ? Really ? I’ve a ticket to a Cricket Test Match in August, I’ve got fingers crossed, but I’ll not be surprised if it’s refunded, a lot think a lot should be refunded by the government in Beijing ?

i just upgraded to the latest Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.384_9165 and had the same issue, what i did was i cleared all browsing data from my Google Chrome and rebooted the laptop and log in with "router.asus.com" gave it few seconds and all is good now.

So you upgraded the firmware via the app?

i just upgraded to the latest Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.384_9165 and had the same issue, what i did was i cleared all browsing data from my Google Chrome and rebooted the laptop and log in with "router.asus.com" gave it few seconds and all is good now.
After upgrading to 9165 it looks like the router gets 'a little busy' for about 10 or 15 minutes after the first reboot. No idea why, perhaps performing some house keeping? For me the GUI was there but was incredibly slow to respond until it had settled. Now it's responding as expected. Of course the router will always take around 10 minutes to fully boot after a restart if you are using DFS channels as it needs to test (listen) for any traffic on those frequencies to make sure there is no risk of interfering with local radar traffic.

So you upgraded the firmware via the app?
Hi, yes I did, I’m redecorating and upgrading my study at the moment, had to disconnect the cable modem/router, it’s on modem only mode, I powered down, then backup, lost WiFi on reboot, so I rebooted router, got gui access back for a short while, then lost it, app said a router Fimware update was available, think it completed the update before I lost gui on the app again, will try it with Ethernet cable into my MacBook later, but a router reboot seemed to make a difference ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!