What's new

GT-AX11000 Interesting Observation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zoulas

Occasional Visitor
I had two SSID's defined. One for 2.4, and one for both 5 gig channels. I was getting horrible download speeds on the 5ghz-2 channel but excellent on the 5ghz-1 channel. I changed the SSID on the 5Ghz-2 channel giving me 3 unique ID's. The speed is now fast on all three channels. Is there any explanation to this? Running Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_6436

I had two SSID's defined. One for 2.4, and one for both 5 gig channels. I was getting horrible download speeds on the 5ghz-2 channel but excellent on the 5ghz-1 channel. I changed the SSID on the 5Ghz-2 channel giving me 3 unique ID's. The speed is now fast on all three channels. Is there any explanation to this? Running Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_6436

That is an interesting observation. I wonder if the issue is on the client side, not the router.

OE

I tested with Note 9, Note 8, HP Envy laptop, and ASUS ROG laptop. Results consistent across all devices.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!