What's new

GT-AX11000 needed at all with XT8 units?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Muyfa666

Regular Contributor
I've been trying to google this, but I don't really find the answer I'm looking for.

In my house, I have the GT-AX11000 placed and connected to my incoming fiber line. Nothing really important seem to connect directly to this router as far as I can tell.

Around the house, I have 6 XT8 placed out for good coverage (wireless). Works fine, I get about 500/500 on wifi pretty much everywhere in the house.

My question is, do I even need the router as my main unit, or could I just have XT8's all over?

I've been trying to google this, but I don't really find the answer I'm looking for.

In my house, I have the GT-AX11000 placed and connected to my incoming fiber line. Nothing really important seem to connect directly to this router as far as I can tell.

Around the house, I have 6 XT8 placed out for good coverage (wireless). Works fine, I get about 500/500 on wifi pretty much everywhere in the house.

My question is, do I even need the router as my main unit, or could I just have XT8's all over?

Probably not. You may not even need 6 XT8s... could be too much WiFi for some homes. To find out, try it and don't add more than you need for your space.

OE

Probably not. You may not even need 6 XT8s... could be too much WiFi for some homes. To find out, try it and don't add more than you need for your space.

OE
The coverage seem good right now. I may try without the AX11000 then.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!