What's new

GT-AX11000 - The 5-GHz-2 radio has died

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jwagner010

Occasional Visitor
The 5-GHz-2 radio has stopped transmitting any signal on my GT-AX11000. I have not touched any settings in the router for months and the 5-GHz-2 wireless signal stopped this morning. Have tied multiple reboots, etc. It shows as active in the settings but it isn't transmitting anything, none of my clients are connecting to the 5-GHz-2 radio anymore. The 5-GHz-2 radio has stopped transmitting any signal by the looks of it. It shows as active in the settings but it isn't transmitting anything (the SSID is not hidden). Looks like the 5-GHz-2 radio has died after only 10 months of use. Any thoughts?

GT-AX11000
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_9566

The 5-GHz-2 radio has stopped transmitting any signal on my GT-AX11000. I have not touched any settings in the router for months and the 5-GHz-2 wireless signal stopped this morning. Have tied multiple reboots, etc. It shows as active in the settings but it isn't transmitting anything, none of my clients are connecting to the 5-GHz-2 radio anymore. The 5-GHz-2 radio has stopped transmitting any signal by the looks of it. It shows as active in the settings but it isn't transmitting anything (the SSID is not hidden). Looks like the 5-GHz-2 radio has died after only 10 months of use. Any thoughts?

GT-AX11000
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_9566

Could try resetting the router and configure it from scratch to see if it recovers.

Could try AiMesh 2.0 RC2-8 beta firmware:

OE

Also, try using a manual Control Channel.

Also, power down the router, physically unplug it, and leave the power button 'on' for a minute or two. Power it back up.

@Sjekke there is no 30-30-30 reset (rule) in Asus-land. :)

You’re right for new ones, but for older routers it‘s works.
in this case factory reset

No, you're wrong here. Asuswrt doesn't respond to a 30-30-30 reset. Afaik, it never has.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!