What's new

GT-AX11000 Traffic Analyzer Statistic keeps resetting on new firmware.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

francisfaustino

Occasional Visitor
I bought 2 GT-AX11000 back in November and everything has been flawless and stable. A new firmware came out from Asus I think around last week and I updated to it. Now, I notice that the Statistics data in the Traffic Analyzer keeps randomly resetting itself. Everything is zeroed out before the time of the reset. The system is not rebooting. I don't have the auto reboot set and I have checked the uptime and it's been up for almost 6 days now. I also don't experience anything weird about the connection when the reset happens because I will sometime be online when the data has been zeroed out. Anyone else having issues like this with the latest firmware?

I'm seeing the same issue. But mine never gets any stats to delete. This all started after updating to the 3.0.0.4.388.xxxxx firmware. I tried going back to the last version of the 386 firmware but the issue still persists. It was all working fine until the upgrade.

I'm seeing the same issue. But mine never gets any stats to delete. This all started after updating to the 3.0.0.4.388.xxxxx firmware. I tried going back to the last version of the 386 firmware but the issue still persists. It was all working fine until the upgrade.
Yes, that is the same firmware I am on. When I first received the units back in November, I updated both and hadn't have any issues until this latest update.

By the way, what do you mean you never get any stats deleted? If it resets, doesn't that mean everything before the reset gets deleted?

One thing I noticed, on the previous firmware, after a fresh system reboot, the RAM usage shows at around 58%. It will go up from there to around 64% in about 2 weeks uptime until I reboot the system again. I've never seen it go down by more than 1% during that 2 weeks uptime. With this new firmware, I noticed that is has gone from around 61% back down to 58% in about a day's time. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it and I'm not even sure how the system utilizes RAM just thought I'd mention it.

The issue has gotten worse. Now, the traffic analyzer is not recording anything. It's not showing any data at all. I have not restarted the routers since the update. I will try to restart the system later once my wife's conference call is finished.

From my understanding from what I've read on here traffic analyzer just doesn't work very well at all lol. I have the AXE11000 and it works for about a day or so then stops until the router is restarted. Some days I can login and click on web history of the traffic analyzer and the gui just crashes on the router. Internet still works as well as wifi but can't do anything on the router gui side for 10 minutes. I just gave up on it ever getting fixed. I've sent multiple tickets in over that and other issues.

Thank you for letting me know. I bought these units November and I'm still within the return period. If this is the only issue, I think I'll just keep them especially since it seems like it's a software issue. Other than that issue, the 2 units I have have been flawless so far. Every time our internet is spotty, I check and every time, there is an alert from our ISP saying system maintenance.

Ok, I just downgraded to the previous firmware and it immediately populated the traffic analyzer and seems to be working again. I don't know yet if it will reset periodically like the newer firmware but going from my previous experience with this older firmware, I don't think it will.

Just logged into my router. Been up for 15 days (had a storm a couple weeks ago and lost power) Went into Traffic analyzer, statistics loaded up fine. Clicked on Web history and it's currently in the 10 minutes gui reboot. Internet still works while I'm typing this and posting but gui has took the poop lol

I was having some trouble with Traffic Statistics as well. I found that if, after flashing to 388 firmware, that I did a reset to factory defaults from the web admin interface instead of the WPS reset, that I didn't see problems after that. The reset to factory defaults is located in the "Administration" tab...oh yeah, be sure to check the extra box on the right as well, I think that might well be what fixed it for me. That clears all the Traffic Statistics tables, etc.

I also restore my settings manually rather than restoring a saved config file, but that may or may not be part of the picture *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!