What's new

GT-AX6000 AiMesh Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bussakap187

New Around Here
Hello there, I recently just purchased a ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000, upgrading from a NETGEAR Nighthawk (RAX200) AX-11000 because of crashing issues I had with the Netgear router.
So far the GT-AX6000 on the latest Merlin firmware is rock solid (besides slightly lower upload and download speeds, no crashing though) I have an older ASUS AC3100 router I was planning on setting it up as a node for AiMesh, however I just thought screw it, I will buy another router for a more solid connection. Should I buy another GT-AX6000, or would it be okay to buy a cheaper ASUS AX router only as a node? I want the best performance, I don't mind shelling out another $350.00, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. There are cheaper Asus AX routers on amazon from $69-$109, would performance be drastically slower if I go for a cheaper option?

Cheers

For best AiMesh stability and a chance for better roaming - get one more GT-AX6000. Both routers have the same hardware, will run the same firmware, will be updated at the same time. If money is not an issue - get the best you can. If you can do Ethernet backhaul - even better.

For best AiMesh stability and a chance for better roaming - get one more GT-AX6000. Both routers have the same hardware, will run the same firmware, will be updated at the same time. If money is not an issue - get the best you can. If you can do Ethernet backhaul - even better.
Got old coaxial wiring not being used throw some of these up and convert it to an ethernet backhaul!-
https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Wired-Networking/Wired-Adapters/MA-25/

Great for turning that existing coaxial network into an ethernet backhaul.

Find the Asus ones suspicious, here is some on amazon search!-
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=moca+adapter&crid=15NPPSH6RRYKU&sprefix=moca+adapter,aps,162&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I have personally used the motorola and actiontech ones. -no regrets either way.

Thanks for the reply! I have my whole house hardwired, I will definitely use the Ethernet backhaul feature by plugging it in directly to the WAN port on the second router. Ordering one now, cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!