What's new

GT-AX6000 Alpha Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KennyB

Occasional Visitor
First off, Thank you @RMerlin for all you have done for the ASUS router community. It has been an amazing adventure.

Now for 2 issues I am having with the alpha firmware:

After rebooting the router (standard reboot, to apply setting changes, or firmware update) I have to unplug my WAN cable for about 30-60 seconds or else I will get an error stating that there is something wrong with my ISP's DHCP server. I think this was a problem before the alpha was installed, but I am not sure.

When I go to make changes on the WAN tab, and the "Apply" button on the bottom of the page does not do anything. So when I change pages, none of the WAN setting changes I made remain.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!!

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!!
These are development builds of a work in progress, so no support is provided for them. There is still a good amount of work still to be done.

Simple, never use alpha/beta firmware on your main router , they are only for testing purposes.
Betas are generally in a usable enough state to be relatively safe, provided you aren't on a mission-critical setup (like running an office). And it's the only way these can be properly tested.

First off, Thank you @RMerlin for all you have done for the ASUS router community. It has been an amazing adventure.

Now for 2 issues I am having with the alpha firmware:
Why do you set BETA tag on a ALPHA release ????

Last edited:
I tried the alpha, found that the Firewall - Network Services Filter page would not load properly or let me add any ports to the table so I just went back to stock.
It's an alpha.

@KennyB
Alphas are delivered "as is" and for testing only, which is probably why there is no alpha badge. The Model and RMerlin alpha fw is all the thread needs ;)

I'm sorry, but there wasn't an alpha tag for it, so I used the closest I could see. Sorry if it was an issue.
Can you remove it!

I'll remove the tag.

I'm sorry, but there wasn't an alpha tag for it, so I used the closest I could see. Sorry if it was an issue.
No worry. Quite honestly, I never really decided whether I wanted to limit the Beta tag to formal Beta releases, or to also include any other test build.

I also encountered that DNS under Wan could not be set, and JS reported an error.

Code:
Advanced_WAN_Content.asp:495

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'value')
    at applyRule (Advanced_WAN_Content.asp:495:34)
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (Advanced_WAN_Content.asp:2166:96)
applyRule @ Advanced_WAN_Content.asp:495
onclick @ Advanced_WAN_Content.asp:2166

QQ截图20220408151737.png

Anyone know how long it normally takes for the firmware to go from alpha to stable released? I'm looking to buy the ax6000 but don't want to buy it until it has a stable merlin firmware lol

It will take as long as it takes.

It will be shorter if you try the available alpha/betas and give good feedback too. ;)

Anyone know how long it normally takes for the firmware to go from alpha to stable released? I'm looking to buy the ax6000 but don't want to buy it until it has a stable merlin firmware lol
No timetable, it will depend on the scope of changes throughout that development cycle, and the gathered feedback during the beta stage.

I'm hoping to start the beta stage this weekend if all goes as planned.

---
Eric

No timetable, it will depend on the scope of changes throughout that development cycle, and the gathered feedback during the beta stage.

I'm hoping to start the beta stage this weekend if all goes as planned.

---
Eric
dalao,Help me, error compiling gt-ax6000,

I did it according to the compilation tutorial:

cd ~/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/
make gt-ax6000

Code:
-------------------------------------------
... starting kernel build at /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/kernel/linux-4.19
PROFILE_KERNEL_VER is LINUX_4_19_0
BCM_KF is defined
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/build'
make -C /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/kernel/linux-4.19  olddefconfig
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/kernel/linux-4.19'
scripts/kconfig/conf  --olddefconfig Kconfig
/home/ubuntu/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/bin/../libexec/gcc/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/9.2.0/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libisl.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/ubuntu/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/bin/../libexec/gcc/aarch64-buildroot-linux-gnu/9.2.0/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libisl.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
init/Kconfig:17: syntax error
init/Kconfig:16: invalid option
../../bcmdrivers/opensource/misc/sotp/Kconfig.autodetect:1:warning: ignoring type redefinition of 'BCM_SOTP' from 'tristate' to 'bool'
make[6]: *** [scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: olddefconfig] Error 1
make[5]: *** [Makefile:561: olddefconfig] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/kernel/linux-4.19'
make[4]: *** [Bcmkernel.mk:83: olddefconfig] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/build'
make[3]: *** [build/pre_kernelbuild.mk:23: /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/kernel/linux-4.19/.pre_kernelbuild] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make[2]: *** [build/Makefile:500: /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/build/.done_pre_kernelbuild] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:5551: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make: *** [Makefile:5747: gt-ax6000] Error 2
ubuntu@primary:~/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x$

Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is probably not including the new toolchain location.

Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is probably not including the new toolchain location.
dalao,I configured the environment variables,After compiling for a while, an error is reported

All commands:Help me see what's wrong. Thank you dalao

Code:
multipass launch --name merlin --cpus 4 --disk 32G --mem 2G 20.04
multipass shell merlin

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

sudo apt update

sudo apt-get install libtool-bin cmake libproxy-dev uuid-dev liblzo2-dev autoconf automake bash bison \
bzip2 diffutils file flex m4 g++ gawk groff-base libncurses5-dev libtool libslang2 make patch perl pkg-config shtool \
subversion tar texinfo zlib1g zlib1g-dev git gettext libexpat1-dev libssl-dev cvs gperf unzip \
python libxml-parser-perl gcc-multilib gconf-editor libxml2-dev g++-multilib gitk libncurses5 mtd-utils \
libncurses5-dev libvorbis-dev git autopoint autogen automake-1.15 sed build-essential intltool libglib2.0-dev \
xutils-dev lib32z1-dev lib32stdc++6 xsltproc gtk-doc-tools libelf1:i386

cd $HOME
git clone https://github.com/RMerl/am-toolchains
git clone https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng

mkdir amng-build
rsync -a --del asuswrt-merlin.ng/ amng-build

sudo ln -s ~/am-toolchains/brcm-arm-hnd /opt/toolchains

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-aarch64-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/toolchains/crosstools-arm-gcc-9.2-linux-4.19-glibc-2.30-binutils-2.32/usr/lib

cd ~/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/
make gt-ax6000

The error is as follows:
Code:
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router/wget'
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router/wget/build-aux/missing aclocal-1.16 -I m4
configure.ac:938: warning: macro 'AM_PATH_GPGME' not found in library
configure.ac:252: warning: gl_YEAR2038_EARLY is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:34: gl_EARLY is expanded from...
configure.ac:252: the top level
configure.ac:337: warning: gl_CTYPE_H_DEFAULTS is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/isblank.m4:7: gl_FUNC_ISBLANK is expanded from...
m4/gnulib-comp.m4:415: gl_INIT is expanded from...
configure.ac:337: the top level
configure.ac:337: warning: gl_CTYPE_H_DEFAULTS is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router/wget/build-aux/missing autoconf cd . && /bin/sh /home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router/wget/build-aux/missing automake-1.16 --gnu
configure.ac:33: error: possibly undefined macro: AX_CODE_COVERAGE
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:8941: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_YEAR2038_BODY
configure:8947: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_YEAR2038_EARLY
configure:18628: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_UNGETC_WORKS
configure:22507: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_CTYPE_H_DEFAULTS
configure:33332: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_CALLOC_GNU
configure:33364: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_CALLOC_POSIX
configure:34395: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_CTYPE_H
configure:34396: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_CTYPE_H_REQUIRE_DEFAULTS
configure:40853: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_CTYPE_MODULE_INDICATOR
configure:46187: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_PSELECT
configure:46221: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_PTHREAD_SIGMASK
configure:46238: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_PREREQ_PTHREAD_SIGMASK
configure:46793: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_REALLOCARRAY
configure:46810: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_PREREQ_REALLOCARRAY
configure:47330: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_RENAME
configure:47415: error: possibly undefined macro: gl_FUNC_RMDIR
make[5]: *** [Makefile:1725: configure] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router/wget'
make[4]: *** [Makefile:7233: wget] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src/router'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:33: router_all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x/userspace'
make[2]: *** [build/Makefile:358: userspace] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:5551: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/amng-build/release/src-rt-5.04axhnd.675x'
make: *** [Makefile:5747: gt-ax6000] Error 2