What's new

GT-AX6000 can't update firmware and other settings...need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have you tried ssh into router and passing command “hnd-erase nvram” without quotes? Then without doing anything, turn off the router from mains. Keep it off for few seconds and turn it back on. Then do the initial wizard and straight go for firmware update. I did exactly the same for my GT-AX6000 and router is now working great as long as I don’t touch any GUI settings.

And... You didn't leave any usb or external disks attached when you where doing al this right?

And... You didn't leave any usb or external disks attached when you where doing al this right?

No never had a disk plugged there, just one mini hub that was plugged to one of the usb for power, but I tried with that and even without without luck.

No never had a disk plugged there, just one mini hub that was plugged to one of the usb for power, but I tried with that and even without without luck.
Ok,
I vaguely remember something about using the recovery/restore tool in administrator mode under windows, have you tried that?
Run as administrator.
And nothing else plugged in but the power and the Ethernet cable.
Also worth trying to take small steps with the firmware,or try to reinstall the one that is on it now again and then proceed further.
I had something like this going on a few years ago, and some older firmware ,or older rescue tool did the trick

With rescue mode what I found was if you ONLY have 1 thing connected to the router it doesn't matter what the IP is/was.
My PC was getting the 169.xxx IP but it was the only thing connected to the router and rescue mode worked fine.
Problems occurred if I still had the TV connected or the thermostat hub etc

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!