What's new

GT-AX6000 lack of firmware updates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, that is your opinion, I don't agree. We get monthly updates for our phones, so quarterly for a router isn't too often.

In my current project, we push out delta's on a monthly basis - but we are a TR-069 managed platform, and we do consider the QA Team's inputs...

Monthly! I've never had a phone that had monthly firmware updates. I use mostly Samsung Galaxy phones and see two or three updates a year, if I'm lucky. Less than that if it's more than a couple of years old.
As pointed out above, plus even my Asus and Nokia Android devices got monthly updates, so that's what now, six, seven years back? Neither of those were premium devices either, at least not cost wise.

As pointed out above, plus even my Asus and Nokia Android devices got monthly updates, so that's what now, six, seven years back? Neither of those were premium devices either, at least not cost wise.
Maybe we're talking about different things. I see plenty of Play Store updates (as RMerlin mentioned) but rarely see any firmware updates.

Synology updates appear to be every few months..just sayin.

If I'm honest I thought it'd get more updates but its working fine.
Reading the Synology community forum it seems there may be no backout/rollback to their SRM updates? ..so maybe not so good even if they are often.

You are not getting a consumer router with monthly updates, @TheLostSwede. If you really need something like this look at OPNsense.

I never asked for that either, I asked for once a quarter.

That said, we did do monthly updates at Securifi when I was there, but I fully understand that it's not something I can expect from other companies. Sadly the owner lost faith in what he was doing and slowly killed the company some time after I left.

I never asked for that either, I asked for once a quarter.

That said, we did do monthly updates at Securifi when I was there, but I fully understand that it's not something I can expect from other companies. Sadly the owner lost faith in what he was doing and slowly killed the company some time after I left.
BTW I was talking about it with a friend not long ago. I gave him mine few years ago as he wanted to toy with the sensor stuff. He ended up giving it to his sister, he said what he really liked about it was the touch screen on it.

See how often security bugs in OpenWrt and pfSense are fixed - what should be fixed every quarter?

Some might disagree - but I think the release cadence for OpenWRT and pfSense is reasonable...

The challenge is not how often to release, but how to convince end-users to do the updates...

At least with my project, the customer managed the end devices, and we worked with them on the deployment scheduled...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!