What's new

GT-AX6000 vs RT-AX86U ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see 2x Omada Qualcomm APs coming to @Smokey613 residence soon. They offer wireless mesh configuration as well (Omada controller needed). :)

I see 2x Omada Qualcomm APs coming to @Smokey613 residence soon. They offer wireless mesh configuration as well (Omada controller needed). :)
As it happens, I already have the OC200 :)

What are you waiting for? You already have Omada router + Omada controller. EAP225v3 is $60 and good enough for your needs.

Just got back from Cancun and on the beach there counting the palm tree leaves above me I have decided to stop wasting my time testing Asus routers. The firmware is extremely buggy for what I expected to see after 10 years of Asuswrt development and the product marketing includes enormous amount of falsely advertised features. There is a big list of broken or not working properly features for years and every new firmware fixes one thing and breaks another. This statement tells me from now on all Asuswrt bugs will be migrated to Asuswrt-Merlin plus whatever is broken on top from the open + closed source mix. Reporting bugs to Asus is like throwing a bottle mail in the ocean. Reporting bugs here is like entering football fans club while wearing another team T-shirt.

AC86U is going for recycling tomorrow. AX86U will stay until I decide what to do with it.
What brand would you recommend, if you had to?

Just got back from Cancun and on the beach there counting the palm tree leaves above me I have decided to stop wasting my time testing Asus routers. The firmware is extremely buggy for what I expected to see after 10 years of Asuswrt development and the product marketing includes enormous amount of falsely advertised features. There is a big list of broken or not working properly features for years and every new firmware fixes one thing and breaks another. This statement tells me from now on all Asuswrt bugs will be migrated to Asuswrt-Merlin plus whatever is broken on top from the open + closed source mix. Reporting bugs to Asus is like throwing a bottle mail in the ocean. Reporting bugs here is like entering football fans club while wearing another team T-shirt.

AC86U is going for recycling tomorrow. AX86U will stay until I decide what to do with it.

I can’t agree more + what stops brands from using any platform to promote and defend their gadgets.

My GT-AX6000 has been extremely reliable.. like my R7800 for my tiny home network/use case.

I have no idea what Id buy for more advanced setup... UniFi Dream Machine Pro SE? But I decided I needed simplicity ..

My GT-AX6000 has been extremely reliable.. like my R7800 for my tiny home network/use case.

I have no idea what Id buy for more advanced setup... UniFi Dream Machine Pro SE? But I decided I needed simplicity ..

I'm with you, no problems at all with the GT-AX6000. There have been a couple of not-so-good firmware releases, but the rest of them have been solid. Currently using the latest firmware, and that one's solid as well. I even found the latest published Beta to be solid and reliable. Personally, the GT-AX6000 (and firmware) is the best router I've had, and the wireless coverage is also the best by far. I had no idea when I bought it how good it would turn out to be, and have been very happy with it since.

Same with me regarding the GT-AX6000, still have plenty (34%) of unused RAM and never have been forced to reboot the router, excepted for the firmware updates.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!