What's new

GT-AXE11000: Don't use the latest AX210 driver

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phrede

New Around Here
After lot's of grief I finally got my GT-AXE11000 communication with my AX210 card on Windows10 on 6GHz. :)

The big problem was using the latest Intel driver. I downgraded to version 22.45.1.1 from MAR2021 and everything woke up.

Windozs does not report the channel number correctly but it does work.

Goes to prove that latest is not always the best.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the version of software that doesn't work? I'm somewhat new around here too. What is an AXE communication?
thanks, bob.

What is an AXE communication?

WiFi6e standard AX protocol operating on the 6.0 GHz band... lots of 160 MHz bandwidth channel options for max throughput.

Your AX86U is WiFi6 AX protocol operating on the 5.0 band... only a few 160 MHz bandwidth channel options, and subject to DFS interference.

OE

What is the version of software that doesn't work? I'm somewhat new around here too. What is an AXE communication?
thanks, bob.
It is about the windozs driver for the AX210 wifi card. The latest versions do not enable the 6GHz radio (wifi6E). The Asus GT-AXE11000 (AXE) is a WiFi 6E capable router.

It is about the windozs driver for the AX210 wifi card. The latest versions do not enable the 6GHz radio (wifi6E). The Asus GT-AXE11000 (AXE) is a WiFi 6E capable router.
I have Win 11 which might make a difference (or not) and am running Version 22.90.0.5 for my AX210.
There are some driver settings which might help push your AX210 towards 6e rather than letting it loaf along at Wifi6.
Go Device Manager and select Properties for the AX210 and then Advanced tab. Then select Preferred Band and choose the band that you like best.
Screenshot 2021-12-10 060800.jpg

Almost a year later, I'm reconsidering the GT-AXE11000 again. The last one I had only supported 12 80MHz wide channels and 6 160MHZ channels. Has Asus updated the firmware to allow all 14 80MHz wide channels and 7 160MHZ channels?

I would think that would be Asus' ace up its sleeve if that were true. As the bands offered on the spec page don't even mention this aspect of the router, I would assume no.

Note also that full power on the 6GHz band still isn't available on current WiFi 6E routers. Even with their 65W power supplies.

Gen 2, or 3 will be much better, undoubtedly. And a mid-range router sometime later will no doubt be the best buy of the bunch. (RT-AXE86U, possibly).

What countries are you using 6Ghz in? Is it allowed in your region?
Do you know how Intel LAR works? Would it prevent using 6Ghz in region its not yet licenced?
Can I use my second router with ddwrt to create multiple SSIDs with US or DE region, so LAR would still allow me using 6Ghz at my home?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!