What's new

GT-AXE11000 hits the FCC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I assume Wifi 6E routers will be popping up this coming week due to CES

Not sure if anyone noticed, but TP-LINK dropped some Wifi 6E hardware announcements a day or so ago.

Here's one of them ...

Newegg may have had stock:

How are you finding the GT-AXE11000 so far?
Amazon didn't deliver yet. Was out for delivery on both Saturday and Sunday. Amazon didn't deliver on Saturday for unknown issue, Sunday due to snow and not expecting today and tomorrow due to snow storm in NJ.

How are you finding the GT-AXE11000 so far?
I bought two AXE11000 to have in Aimesh mode. So far it’s been really buggy. Second router that’s acting as a node is consistently disconnecting throughout the day. Have had it since Friday. I’m sure it will be buggy for the first couple of firmwares. I occasionally get full download speeds from my 802.11AX devices. The 6Ghz band is being used as a wireless backhaul to the second router, which has a computers, Apple TV, and a gaming console using the lan ports, getting full download speeds from my Fios service on each lan device on the node, but wirelessly from the node is giving me slow AX speeds. The old AX11000 which I had two in AiMesh were performing much better.

Before I get questioned about having two... getting full advertised speeds from my Fios provider on the other side of my home is why I get these Triband routers, I can’t run Ethernet across the home. The AiMesh is amazing being able to use a dedicated wireless backhaul when you can’t run cable. I get my full advertised speeds pretty much across the home, I’ll be adding a switch to my node so I can add more wired devices on the other side of the home.

Last edited:
New GT-AXE11000 here. Unfortunately as others are finding - 6GHz support appears to be disabled with current Intel AX210 drivers. So there really isn't any way to use 6GHz yet - other than with a second AXE11000 acting as client. Also no support yet for the 2 new 5GHz channels (in USA) - but I haven't heard of any manufacturer supporting those yet.

Early days, early days. :)

Which driver do you have installed for the AX210 adaptor (for reference)?

6GHz support appears to be disabled with current Intel AX210 drivers
I assume you're referring to Win10 drivers?

This makes the GT-AXE11000 a super good deal for all you eager beavers.

It's unlikely you'll see anyone supporting the new 5 GHz channels, unless they add support in their 6E products.

New GT-AXE11000 here. Unfortunately as others are finding - 6GHz support appears to be disabled with current Intel AX210 drivers. So there really isn't any way to use 6GHz yet - other than with a second AXE11000 acting as client. Also no support yet for the 2 new 5GHz channels (in USA) - but I haven't heard of any manufacturer supporting those yet.

I'm still awaiting pre-order delivery of my GT-AXE11000 , however the latest Intel driver for my AX210 seems to have some support for 6GHz.

Attachments

• AX210.jpg
    AX210.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 123
@erick_e that is what mine shows too. Still waiting for a reply to my query above from @skriefal.

I assume you're referring to Win10 drivers?

This makes the GT-AXE11000 a super good deal for all you eager beavers.

It's unlikely you'll see anyone supporting the new 5 GHz channels, unless they add support in their 6E products.

Yes - Windows 10 drivers. The driver settings do show options such as 'Channel Width for 6Ghz'. However it doesn't see the GT-AXE11000's 6GHz SSID. I've found reports from others of the same behavior - including statements that 6GHz support is disabled in the current AX210 Windows driver. I didn't save the links.

Can you verify, somehow, that the GT-AXE11000 is broadcasting on the 6GHz band?

Have you tried using different Authentication Methods?

Have you tried using an open network?

Are you using a too-short SSID? Is it hidden? Does it contain special characters, spaces and/or smiley faces, etc.?

@skriefal Thanks for the details. The behavior you describe is what I've heard.

@L&LD Packet captures in 2.4 and 5 GHz should show whether the AP is advertising 6 GHz capabilities. This is part of the 6E spec, intended to lower 6 GHz channel overhead that would be required for STA's to scan the greater # of channels in that band.

Can you verify, somehow, that the GT-AXE11000 is broadcasting on the 6GHz band?

Have you tried using different Authentication Methods?

Have you tried using an open network?

Are you using a too-short SSID? Is it hidden? Does it contain special characters, spaces and/or smiley faces, etc.?

I have no other 6E-capable client devices. All settings and displays in the AXE11000 show an active 6GHz signal and SSID.

The only available authentication methods are WPA3-Personal (default) and Opportunistic Wireless Encryption. No option for Open/Unencrypted. I have not yet tested the Opportunistic option. Though it seems unlikely that this would prevent the SSID from appearing in Windows's list of available SSIDs.

The SSID is 9 characters (and have tried longer), no special characters or spaces, and is not hidden.

@L&LD Packet captures in 2.4 and 5 GHz should show whether the AP is advertising 6 GHz capabilities. This is part of the 6E spec, intended to lower 6 GHz channel overhead that would be required for STA's to scan the greater # of channels in that band.

Can this be done with Wireshark or other freely-available software tools?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!